1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Possible to go from Map 3 to Map 2 - TE310R?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by 14Husky310R, Oct 10, 2017.

1. 14Husky310R Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' Husky 310R
    Hello, I just picked up a used TE310R which the owner did not know about any modifications to the bike since his shop buddy took care of it for him and I noticed the intake was plugged, cage was upgraded to the TXC version and that's all I can see.

I have now bored out the Velocity Stack and looking to also remove Cat soon, next step will of course be to go to map 2 or 3.

I'm not sure what Map it's currently on, so worst case is that it's already on MAP 3 and I switch it to MAP 2 with the Map Switch I ordered.

Best case is that its on Map 1, and I switch to Map 2 for a great power increase.

Any harm in going from Map 3 to 2?

When I got some extra moolah I would like to do pro circuit full exhaust + map 3 but this will do for now.
  2. Matthew525 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 525, HONDA CRF150
    The map switch is just a "mud mode" switch to reduce torque in slippery conditions. To change maps from map 2 to race map 3, you need a HST (husqvarna service tool)

The switch is useless in my opinion and a waste of 30 bucks.
  3. 14Husky310R Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' Husky 310R
    Thanks I'll be going with zipty for the 65 dollar reflash...

completely uncorked just need to remove catalyst and hoping map 3 makes a noticeable difference.
  4. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    The catalyst comes out by hand after removing the muffler (it's in the junction of the header pipe & muffler). Often it is rattling around because the outer ring is broken. A 5 minute operation.

When Ty reprogrammed my uncorked '14 TE, it added 5-7 or more hp, I bet. I think the map that he uses is a modified TXC map; and I do not think they're switchable on-the-fly (in spite of the electrical schematic). But I've been unclear on the whole map thing vis-à-vis the 310r for a long time now.

In the past the re-map had to be done on the bike, and they (ZTR) don't have a donor bike hanging around much anymore I think. Maybe they have a TE wiring harness & sensors to fool the ECU nowadays, 'cause they seem to have gotten around this. Call ahead just to be sure.

The nomenclature map1, map2 etc comes from the 449/511 dash display; but WTH- it's a handy designation.

The PCV has switchable maps I believe. Johnrg has developed a few maps if you go that direction.

good luck.
  5. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    The 13/14 bikes hold one map. They need to be reflashed with the HST to change. Map 3 works great but is a hair rich on the low end and why it pops a little and can be hard starting hot at elevation. The 13/14 bikes needed that GET accessory unit to get the Map switch and multiple maps. The PCV does that for me. I have the PCV with 2 maps, map switch and Autotune. The PCV offers a near perfect map after use of Autotune and I created a sea level and above 6500 ft. map.

As far as your bike. One can't assume the map. The bike could run fine on Map 1 as long as it had the TCX filter cage, as I ran it for a bit like that, but with the proper PU and Map 3, it's a dramatic change. Pull the cat, send in your ECU and you should be a happy camper. Make sure your intake manifold has been plugged. Also make sure you don't hear or experience a clicking sound and starter that won't turn the engine over. If so kick the bike or bump start so not to burn out the starter. The decompressor needs to function well and is an issue with these bikes. Just a warning as they may or may not be issues. If so it's a matter of going tighter on one valve shim to allow that decompressor to work and allow the engine to spin up more easily.
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  6. Jim S Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FJR 1300
    The electrical schematic in the service manual for the 2013 shows a race/mud switch. Are you sure that the GET accessory unit is necessary? What is the GET accessory? Is there an indicator in the display which map is in use?
  7. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.