1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Plugs loading up

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by shawbagga, May 8, 2018.

1. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Having a small issue ATM ladies & gents. Plugs keep loading up in low rev tight single. Fine when on the pipe. Newish piston & ring, squish at 1.2mm, new plug with correct gap, reeds good etc. this ishappeeninf after both going from 165 back to 125 & also from Castrol TTS to Rock Oil Synthesis 2 Injector 2T oil(both at 32:1). Both oils are similar as in full syn oil injection compatible. Reckon it'll be ok to run 40:1? Does anyone know the flashpoint of this Rock Oil Synthesis 2 Injector? Can't go leaner on lectron as it starts lean bogging. Was fine as in not fouling plugs as a 165 so I'm assuming it's a higher flashpoint oil but can't find specs.
  2. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    the only real reason for a plug to load up is a rich condition, which it sound like you have under control
    or a weak spark, don't assume the plug is fine, ever, could have been a box that was poorly handled
    check your spark, make sure it's bright and can hear it
    I would not be afraid to get a spark plug from a different source if I wasn't absolutely sure
  3. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    I've tried 3 plugs now & spark seems good.

I'm inclined to try some TTS on same track it's been fouling on but that's another $30 I gotta spend plus I've got 15L of the Rock Oil to get through! I might try 40:1 & see if any different. Reluctant to go any leaner on oil for a 125!
  4. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Oh yeah it's an MS3 rod in a 38mm Lectron. I'm sure I ran same settings a coupla years back with no change to performance when briefly went back to 125 from 165 with no issue which was leading me to think the oil may be the culprit
  5. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I guess you could try a different mix. I've found 36:1 works well for me, but that's on a 250. Are you getting more pipe spooge? Also, if you get gas from the same place as a matter of habit, try another station. They could've gotten a bad batch in the tank.
  6. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Nah very little spooge & dry black carbon when ridden hard on the pipe(plug light cocoa brown after WOT run!). Yeah think I'll try 40:1 with different fuel see how she goes. I just worry when riding it hard.
  7. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    40:1 shouldn't be a problem unless you're WFO all the time. I just 60 hours on the 165 using Dominator @ 50:1, no probs or noticable wear except the ring.
    I'm betting it's the new oil or some shit petrol :cheers:
  8. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Wow 50:1 on the little motor! I do some racing which can be flat out for long periods so guess I'll just chuck 32:1 in for them & I'll try 40:1 tomorrow for the trail its neen fouling plugs on. Got some different fuel too!
    Is 1.2mm squish about right? I know a few run them at 1mm
  9. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Yeah, and just got confirmation it worked fine. Sent the top end back to Dr WB:
    "Hi Steve,
    I pulled your top end apart. The cylinder has so little that you might as well call it no wear." And that's @ 110 hours total on the 165 kit. Raced it 6 times last year, 12 hours or so, twice in the sandy pines of SC.

Not sure on the squish for 125, I think 165 is supposed to be 1mm. I'm getting ready to find out.

If I was racing flat out for long periods, I'd be on the 300 :banana:
  10. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    125 squish should ideally be not more than 1mm.
    Did you use the correct 125/144 base gasket? The 165 uses a much thicker gasket.
  11. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Yeah used skinniest(& last) gasket I had which was 0.5mm. I'll order a gasket kit when I put a new piston in in another 10-15 hours that hopefully will have a 0.3 gasket in it. I might but a 1L bottle of TTS to varify if it is indeed the oil.
  12. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Keep in mind our fuel is crap compared to you Yank fellas so 1mm might be a bit tight & cause pinging/det. 1.05-1.1mm I think is what Wally sent my 165 top end over for due to fuelling issues on previous Aussie bikes. 1.1-1.2mm I'd be happy with
  13. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    They aren't pouring ethanol in your petrol too are they? They lobbying body for the corn squeezin industry is really trying to force E15 and higher blend gasoline on us.
  14. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Nah none of that shit Noobee unless you really look for it!
  15. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Then yours is better than ours. We have to hunt for E0!:banghead:
  16. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Ride faster ... Try 40 :1 with synthetic . I liked more natural Maxima Castor oil.
    125 should be able to run a closer squish too

M9271.jpg
  17. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Yeah I've ordered some 0.3mm base gaskets so that should get it down to 1-1.1mm. Castor blend smells nice but I've found fouls plugs easier than normal full syn unless you riding hard.

Our octane rating is lower/different than yours Noobee so our 98RON premium is similar to your 85-92 I believe
  18. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Are you still running the MS3 rod Shawy ? If so I would think thats the problem.
    The 165 for what ever reason seems to want a load more fuel in the mid range area hence the need for the MS3 rod, The 125 needs a thicker rod in the mid section from all my testing with both engines BUT for the life of me without pulling a rod from a carb I cannot remember what I used on the 125 setup:excuseme:
  19. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Yeah still MS3 mate. Anyone ełse running a lectron on WR/CR125 care to share what rod they have in?