Pleated Gripper seat 449/511

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by Super5onic88, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Super5onic88 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    RGV 250
    Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone is using a pleated gripper seat cover on their 449/511s?

I've ridden a few bikes with stepped seats but they don't feel right to me.

Stock seat cover isn't very good at keeping my butt glued when giving it gas :)
  2. SDPUTTER Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511
    I have a seat concepts seat/cover. They call it CF/gripper material. It's almost sticky, I have to lift my but to move around. Sometimes I don't like the high grip of it, but I sure like the shape and foam......way more comfortable :thumbsup:

http://www.seatconcepts.com/
    jimmyc likes this.
  3. Sinkers_husky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13' TE449, '11 SMR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    GSXR600, Monster 696M, M109R
    I got a gripper seat cover with my Ringmaster Graphics sticker kit, yet to install as yet.

Re staying on your ride under power, can highly recommend stegz pegs, aussie owned and operated - however I only have them on my TE not my SMR.
  4. Super5onic88 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    RGV 250
    See in SM you sit down most of the time. So the Stegz won't really be used.

I have two plain grippers from RingMaster that I might get trimmed into one pleated gripper.
    Sinkers_husky likes this.
  5. Sinkers_husky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13' TE449, '11 SMR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    GSXR600, Monster 696M, M109R
    I agree, I only have fitted on the TE where I found I needed aftermarket help to grip the bike more as I found the extended frame rails near the foot pegs an issue riding off road. Stegz pegz made a huge difference and hoping gripper seat will too once installed.

SMR I dont have any issues, coming from a sportsbike background Im use to gripping with my knees. However first track day Friday in full leathers so will see how she goes since the conversion from road to race. I have been wondering as not as much to grip with knees and no rearsets so should be interesting.