Please Help Me Identify The Bike I Just Bought

Discussion in '610/630' started by mathijs, Jun 18, 2018.

1. mathijs Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR100f hurricane '91
    Hi guys,

I got a great deal on an old husky! It ran really good but was difficult to start (almost broke my leg :thumbsdown:) and it burned a lot of oil. But for the few miles I did test drive it :notworthy:. So I decided to do a top-end rebuild.

The guy I got it from told me it was a TE610, and from the power it showed I think that is correct, but I am not sure. I am hoping one of you guys can help me identify the exact type and year so I can find parts and workshop manual!

Unfortunately I lost my phone and the pictures from before I started the tear down are also lost with that. So i can only post partially teardown pictures, The bike has a left kick (kick only). The bike has wiring for lights but i don't think a battery. The carb is a delorte PHM 40 MS. The cam chain was unlike most I found online and I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to loosen it, so I had to cut it with the Dremel. I did got papers with the bike, but I am 99.9% sure the papers are tampered with, but the serials seem to match. So I do not rule out a different engine in a different frame, but it doesn't look like that is actually the case to my eye and close examination.

If you guys need any more info or pictures, I will gladly deliver! Btw my guess/research indicates it is an 1991 TE610. I really want an accurate workshop manual because I lost al the teardown pictures together with my phone :). Please help me get this beast on the road again!

husky1.jpg

husky2.jpg

husky3.jpg

husky4.jpg
  2. mathijs Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR100f hurricane '91
  3. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The bike does look like a 1991. What diameter is the piston ?
    mathijs likes this.
  4. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
  5. mathijs Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR100f hurricane '91
    Thanks alot guys! Not a chance that you could lead me to a workshop manual? I have no problem paying for it, but have problem finding one..

I will measure tomorrow and post a picture!
  6. mathijs Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR100f hurricane '91
    Hi, I did measure the piston. I measure about 97.4mm/3.83inch which looks to fit Rotax_655 his determination of a 610 TE 1991 !

cylinder.jpg cylinderMeasurement.jpg

Can anybody guide me to a 610 TE 1991 workshop manual? Maybe different bikes with the same engine? Because I have trouble finding one! Thanks guys!
  7. ned37 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 te610
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 Kaw GPz1100, 97 Triumph Trophy 4
    fwiw, i always measure the bottom of the skirt for piston size.
  8. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    [quote = "mathijs, post: 643290, membro: 67016"] Ciao, ho misurato il pistone. Misuro circa 97,4 mm / 3,83 pollici che sembra adattarsi a Rotax_655 la sua determinazione di un 610 TE 1991 !

View attachment 89382

Attached Files: