1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc PISTONS!!! WHERE YOU AT??

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by damien848, Sep 27, 2016.

1. damien848 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 Wr 300
    Hello all,

So this past weekend I got some bad news, my 2010 WR300 had a piston seizure Bumma!! What looks to be a 4 point seizure. At this point I have only peeked in the exhaust port. Going to do a pressure test to try n pin point exact cause of failure and exact extent of the damage but I know I will be needing a new piston for sure. So Husqvarna has this piston and cylinder kit on eternal back order and or discontinued as I work at a dealership and no signs of it being orderable anytime soon. So I wanted to ask my fellow Husky crew here at the café if you guys have seen any aftermarket piston options other that just Athena? Not saying Athena wont do the job I just was wondering if anyone has seen any other options out there? Any input helps. Thanks! and I blame HusqRacr....Blahaha jk
  2. yakka Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 '09
    Vertex & Wossner do pistons,the latter being forged I believe.
    Hurky and damien848 like this.
  3. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Man there's heaps jump on ebay n do a search. Wossner, prox, mitaka, wiseco, vertex(oem) to name a few.
    damien848 likes this.
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I bought a Vertex for my 300. Way less money than OEM and works just fine.:banana:
    damien848 likes this.
  5. damien848 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 Wr 300
    Thanks guys yea I did some digging found only Vertex and Athena make a replacement piston for this beast! Yea the OE is not even available to order. Not sure how getting parts for this thing is going to be with being under the KTM umbrella now? Thanks again. Think I will got with the Vertex tho, seems a good price!
  6. damien848 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 Wr 300
    I'll post up some pics this weekend after I pressure test the motor and tear down. Probably have to send the cylinder out to millennium technologies. Hope they can save it, as the cylinder is discontinued through Husky as well.
  7. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    You might want to consider PowerSeal they have an excellent reputation. Some issues have come up for some fellow Cafe members at MT.

http://www.powersealusa.com
    damien848 likes this.
  8. damien848 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 Wr 300
    Thanks man I will scope them out. We do a lot of business with Millennium but will check it power seal.
  9. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Ahh, I totally get that. Especially if they'll swing you a deal since you give them business.
  10. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Vertex is oem(cast). I'm runnin wossner(forged). Both hav served me well but I feel happier pushin 100hr top ends with a forged slug!

Had a quick snoop on ebay n yeah Athena, vertex n wossner came up. I'm sure there plenty other brands still out ther jus gotta refine the search a bit. Sum may hav stopped producing seeing as were 4my out if production now!
    damien848 likes this.