1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Picked up a pretty much brand new 2011 250 TXCi

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by berda, Jul 1, 2016.

1. berda Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXCi250
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Hey all. Happy to be here.

I just picked up a 2011 Husky 250 TXCi with under 15 hours on it. Has all the options like fuel injection - electric and kick start - brembo brakes. Truly immaculate condition. Guy bought new in 2011 and it sat around his garage. I changed the oil and bled out the old gas. Took it out last week and ripped the trails and was very, very pleased. This bike had the 'power upgrade' performed from the dealership back in 2011. He even gave me the paperwork from it. Have a few questions as I am new to Huskys.

What exactly is the TXCi? When were these bikes produced? Is 2011 the last year? I know it is an Italian made becase of the VIN. When searching around the internet seems it was the last year of this before the company's hands switched from BMW to KTM.

I stopped at the only Husky dealer in the state and the guy made me nervous because he said it's getting to be near impossible to get parts for this one. However this bike does NOT have the 'Red' tops to the motor. So what block is it? My concern is longevity. If I lose a bearing or something is the whole motor toasted then? Can you swap out a different motor from a newer husky?

Thanks,

-Berda

Attached Files:

2. eddychecker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TCX250 & 2013 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KTM 450XCW
    I have one too. Don't worry about parts. Hall's has had everything I've needed so far and should continue to have stuff for another while. Additionally, there are similarities with the engines that SWM are using which should help the supply chain.
  3. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    The I is just the short one
  4. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    I wouldn't worry about bearings as the manufacturers buy them off the likes of S.K.F. or INA etc so those will always be available, same for pistons and valves... the difficulty is crank cases and other model specific parts like the head, most damage can be repaired by the right guy.
    Most parts are available if you look hard enough.

Worry about that when it comes to it.
    But for now Enjoy a quality bike!
  5. jetmani Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have one as well,
    Don't stress, ride it like you stole it.
    juicypips likes this.
  6. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    I have no problem getting parts. Almost everything I have ordered is to my door in a week or less.

Important thing is using the right oil and oil filters. I have noticed that some oil filters even tho it fits the bike some are too long and can restrict oil flow.
    berda likes this.
  7. berda Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXCi250
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Thanks all! I have a copy of the service manual in PDF if anyone is interested I can post it up.