1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Performance changes

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Bigbill, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Besides porting here's the UFO product I talked about. On the bottom of a round slide opposite the cutout there's a extended wall or barrier the fuel mix hits confusing it and interrupting the flow. The UFO is a plastic wedge that screws to the bottom of the slide. It's a wedge to eliminate this flow interrupter. I sand and file it for a closer fit. Only if it doesn't fit correctly. It comes with different size wedges. You pick the one that fits your slide. Now using this richens your jetting. You may need to lean your jets by one or two sizes. All these little changes do add up in performance. It smooths out the carburetor. This is proven snowmobile technology that's been out for decades.

https://thunderproducts.com/shop/u-f-o-ultimate-flow-optimizer/

If you have any questions,,,,,,,bill
  2. Kartwheel68 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 125XC, 250XC, 430XC, 430WR, 250CR
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 175WR , 76 250WR, 74 250 Mag
    These do work very well, what they do is increase vacuum signal by focusing it over the pilot orifice and the top of the needle jet, which is why the jetting gets richer.
  3. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    All the atomized gasses goes straight to the reeds. It doesn't hit the wall. All my 38mm and 40mm carbs had the UFO installed. Yup better throttle response. Funny snowmobile technology.