1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

PCV with Auto tune 2013 TXC 250R

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Matthew525, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Matthew525 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 525, HONDA CRF150
    Have had the PCV for 10 months with Zipty tunes as delivered by zipty (Tinken Rocket 310 map) well on my 250 I haven't been much of a believer in the PCV. It wasn't bad, but nothing great.

I finally got around to buying and installing AutoTune. After a few trims, my TXC 250R runs great and has much smoother power as well as more power.

Couldn't be happier. After a few trims it is exclusively leaning the bike up through the whole range. In the mid it's about -20 to -30 and feels crisp as can be.

I'm on race map 3 and it obviously is too rich for the 250.

Very impressed and recommend to anyone with a PCV. Seems O2 sensor placement is critical and is dependent to make it work well from my research.
    bikesparky likes this.
  2. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Good going with the PCV and Autotune. I was the first on the 13 Keihin to have Dynojet install and Dyno. But I asked for them to install Autotune as well. Was told ride it for a couple of days and autotune would probably still make some small changes. Map 3 was too rich for mine as well and Autotune sniffed it out and let me tweak a high elevation map. Jetting with no gas smell. Gotta love it.
    bikesparky likes this.
  3. bikesparky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Superduke 1290
    I have been using autotune for years on several bikes and also helped other people set it up. I can confirm it works fantastic and allows you to build excellent maps.
    I had dyno tuners pulling their nose up at it and say they could do better on a dyno and had to eat humble pie after!
    All depends how you set it up and what you make it aim for.
    One area where it doesn't really work well (neither does a dyno) is the very low throttle- rpm areas as the pulses in the exhaust mess with the readings a bit.