1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Parts Situation Lately?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by ScottyR, Oct 21, 2014.

1. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have been out of the loop for close to a year with the whole Husky scene but have the chance to pick up a 13 TE449 for CHEAP. The reason that the guy wants to sell is that he says parts are getting very difficult to get for it. How are you guys finding the parts availability now that KTM has taken over?
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Like anything, if you look around you will find parts. Sometimes you might have to go to eBay. Not had an issues so far personally but I have some connections.
  3. LAHuskyrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    1983 Maico 490, 2013 KTM 300 XC-W
    Also, this forum is a wealth of information as well as the forum sponsors. I have friends ask me if I am worried about parts for my 3 italian huskys and I really don't although they are not like a mainstream brand where you can simply go to any website and just order what you need. IMO it comes with the territory and it was an adjustment as I rode Yamahas for years.

I am probably going to jinx myself but none of them have required much other than basic maintenance once I got them setup. I have thrashed my 310R and 144 on many occasions in the woods and the only thing I seem to break is lower radiator shrouds. Search this forum for the hot setup for your model and once it is setup, you should be good to go.
  4. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Zip ty will rebuild my bike when it blows up so its their problem lol
    Tinken and Motosportz like this.
  5. Daveb511 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ktm 350 exc
    I have ordered several replacement parts both from my dealer and from Halls. I have not had any problems getting what I need. 2013 TE 511.
    Socal511 likes this.
  6. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Do it, the parts are out there!
  7. tskiride Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te250
    Where are you all having luck finding parts? I've been searching without any luck for a starter for my 2012 te250.

Thanks!
  8. 4stroker Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC 250 2010
    I can't buy the starter shaft (X Lite).
  9. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Keep looking, call big dealers and ask our sponsors here in CH. I can still find parts for my 30 year old IT all day long on eBay
  10. 4stroker Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC 250 2010
    Impossible to find one shaft in Europe, only two used shafts in eBay.com but are the "old" shaft, with the 8mm bolt. Broke quickly.
  11. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    I'm in Aus & have been buying all my TE449 stuff through Hall's Cycles. They are cheaper than our Aus parts as the importer bring the parts in via the states also:(

No dramas with the regular items so far & odd-ball stuff like some original hand-guards I ordered went to back-order & still only took 5 weeks to me.

I reckon you'll be sweet for a bit yet mate if you go with the bike :thumbsup:
  12. N4544D Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449 sold, 2018 TX 300 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 250 XCW, KTM 500 XCF-W
    Just ordered several items from Hall's (brake light, rad grills, clutch gasket, front fender) all showed up in a matter of days. I don't know how much was stocked and how much was ordered from the distribution warehouse. Of note, labeling of parts is exactly like the KTM equivalent now (used to have both KTM and Husq labels), so hopefully the parts integration is complete and future supply of parts is not a worry in the back of owners' minds.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  13. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I ordered water pump gaskets, head gasket, and clutch cover gasket. All in stock at Halls. They seem to stock a ton, I haven't had to actually order anything yet
    Norman Foley likes this.
  14. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    I ordered exhaust valves had them in 2 days.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  15. fontana302 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250
    Halls for me, delivery is great & have had every hard to find part Full Throttle couldn't get in stock. For example ordered a Starter transmission kit (starter ring & pinion) from Full-Throttle, was on back order so gave up. Had it from Halls in a week (got sprag & a bunch of other hard to get parts for spares at the same time including low profile seat Full Throttle said was totally unavailable). Full throttle rang back 5 months later on the ring & pinion saying they had it & come pick it up. It was twice the price of Halls btw. Great to deal with, fantastic communication & easy as over the net.
  16. Daveb511 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ktm 350 exc
    I ordered a front number plate, head gasket and all assorted gaskets, radiator, front fender, all came quickly. My dealer even had some parts in stock. It really is a non issue.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  17. gsxrbee Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250 R `13
    The new starter shaft is now avaliable in Spain trought Sahara Motor dealer
  18. jasonmt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11' TXC 449, 11' TE 630, 11' TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ninja 1000, ZX7R, 300 XC-W Christini
    I have a TE 630, a TXC 449 and a TE 499 and have been getting parts through my local KTM/Husqvarna dealer lately; even parts that show up as "out of stock / backorder" generally show up in 3-4 weeks.