Out and About (Terra, Strada)

Discussion in 'TR650' started by roscotom, Oct 27, 2012.

1. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 KTM 450 XC-W '11 BMW R1200GS
    Yep! I blew it up and counted 110 from a pic I took before they all started moving.
  2. motojosh2 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    RZ350
    First ride on the new bike! Can't wait to get a skid plate and leave the road for a bit!
    IMG_20130316_075308_396.jpg
    WoodsChick, nev.., FabOneUp and 2 others like this.
  3. Gedge Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Morini Granpasso 1200
    Well I couldn't wait any longer for the weather to buck up, so I took the Terra out onto some of my easier local trails today.....it was surprisingly good ( although the limitations of the road biased tyres certainly made itself known..) the standing position was very comfy for me and the suspension coped with the ruts and bumps which werent particularly extreme but it did seem to soak them up... the heavy flywheel meant the bike just plodded through the mud just so long as the fron wheel could find some grip....it may not be an all out enduro / trail bike but I cant think of many places that I use that i wouldnt be prepared to have a go at (in the dry or with a better set of off road tyres.......[IMG] )

[IMG]

[IMG]
  4. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE
    I have only a little dirt riding experience so I have never had the nerve to get off the graded roads on my bikes before, but I've never had a bike as capable as the TR650 before and today I hit a rutted 4WD track through local bushland near Kinglake, Victoria
    [IMG]
    joebtx, WoodsChick, Luge and 2 others like this.
  5. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Went for a little rip to my favorite spot for early season riding. (North of Kamloops Lake) Where the sun has a chance to dry things out a bit. This time I remembered my camera.:applause:

Facing South looking at Green Stone Mt. still has lots of snow on North face.
    [IMG]
    Looking East over Kamloops Lk.
    [IMG]
    Looking West Kamloops Lk.
    [IMG]
    Looking down from the look out point. CN RR at the bottom
    [IMG]
    Looking back from the lookout point. You can just make out the TR on the left.
    [IMG]
    WoodsChick, Luge, Hansi and 4 others like this.
  6. 120bluebird Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    non
    Got a chance to meet up with FabOneUp today to do some riding and check out the Terra first hand. Man let me tell you the new Husky's are pretty sweet, hoping to join the group soon! Fab your craftsmanship is outstanding, keep up the good work and hopefully we can do it again sometime.
    WoodsChick, Luge and FabOneUp like this.
  7. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 KTM 450 XC-W '11 BMW R1200GS
    Thanks bluebird! The best part was the ride was totally unplanned...we just took off!
    image.jpg
    Luge likes this.
  8. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE
    Just out for another scoot near home today. (outer fringe of Melbourne) Finally found a mob of kangaroos who weren't totally scared by the bike engine and hung around to watch for long enough for me to get some pics. Never mind cars... on adventure bikes these guys are the greatest threat to motorcyclists. Unpredictable and prone to bounding onto roads right infront of vehicles or commonly into the side of vehicles.

I just can't get over this bike. The more I ride it the more I love it. Only 1500km on the clock so far, but getting plenty of use.
    [IMG]
    WoodsChick, Luge, mario33 and 6 others like this.
  9. kjackbrown Keep on keepin on.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR650
    Pretty awesome nev!
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Got mine out for 115 quick miles after the Easter festivities and helping my dad out. What a great bike. Smooth and comfy. Blew by my buddy on his 650 V-strom several times and he had nothin for me. The TR650 walks away from his V-strom very convincingly. His bike is for sale after riding mine. His statement is it is a better street and dirt bike so he wants one.
    WoodsChick, Luge and kjackbrown like this.
  11. danielcure Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR500. CR250, CBR400, CBR600RR, VTR1
    I like what you have done with the bike, where did you get the windshield and crash bars? Awesome setup mate!
  12. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    :thinking: Well I guess I'm gonna have to go find a heard of Rabbits, Dogs...or Turtles... Something! If this thread is heading in THAT direction.:lol:

[IMG][IMG]
  13. HARDER1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ400S
    Well, since we don't have 'Roos in these parts, I went out into the Olympic Mountains looking for a Sasquach...Rode 200 miles on a beautiful 70 degree day. Finally, winter seems to be over! With every mile, I love the Terra more and more.

My Favorite Road Sign:
    11.JPG .
    88.JPG
    89.JPG
    90 (2).JPG
    joebtx, WoodsChick, Luge and 5 others like this.
  14. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    That would look great as your "Back Ground Pic" on your desk top.:thumbsup:
    WoodsChick and HARDER1 like this.
  15. mario33 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra'13 - Lady in Red 2
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    I thought so - may I borrow higher quality pic for my desktop pls ? :)
    HARDER1 likes this.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Got out on mine for a quick 130 mile rip yesterday, I agree, like the bike more and more all the time.
    WoodsChick, Luge and HARDER1 like this.
  17. HARDER1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ400S
    Absolutely! Try this. Cheers,
    41.JPG
    FabOneUp and mario33 like this.
  18. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I think you guys are going to have to trade emails... Or you could put a .pdf extension on the file and attach it to a post - if it is under 2MB.
  19. Leo Fisher Cafe Husky - Contributing Member

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati, Honda and Norton
    A few photos of today's outing

A little about the ride - Some fast highway (Highway 550) 75-80 MPH maybe thirty miles to Jemez Springs and then off road. Some of the roads were just opened the day prior from the winter snow and were quite rough - Lots of ripple, rubble and sand in some spots. The standard front tire continually wanted to slide out. Up on the pegs and leaning back, we were able to do 25-35 in spots but the roads were so twisty - and no other travel - we had to take it easy in stock trim. The front forks appeared too stiff and the washboard was pretty bad so a reduction in oil or change might be necessary. However, having said all that - It was a blast! No other issues but this kid is definitely changing up tires in near future.

Attached Files:

20. Luge Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    sold them all
    150 beautiful miles today in middle TN. Lick creek, Primm Springs, TN. Jackson Falls, Natchez trace Parkway Shady Grove, TN. I would have rode the 650 down to the falls. But the park rangers would have frowned upon that! The Natchez Trace Parkway is a beautiful ride starting in Nashville, TN and ending in Natchez MS, closed to commercial traffic, so lots of bikes and history along the way including Lewis and Clark. Oh yes, the front tire sucks off road!

Attached Files:

WoodsChick, nev.. and FabOneUp like this.