Out and About (Terra, Strada)

Discussion in 'TR650' started by roscotom, Oct 27, 2012.

1. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 KTM 450 XC-W '11 BMW R1200GS
    ScottinAZ, can I request a pic of the Terra next to a saguaro? I love that country down there and envy the above ride. I think I want to somewhat duplicate it here in Colorado and also post the drastic change in climate change within an hour. The weather here may be too harsh now, but we will see. I have ridden the road from Tuscan to the top of Mount Lemmon and that was also a dramatic climate change....but only in about 15 minutes. I have only street ridden in AZ. I can't imagine how fantastic the off road riding is there.
  2. scottinAZ Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna TR 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Yamaha Royal Star Venture
    Hello FabOneUp, next trip up I'll snap that pic. This area in the posting has a very dense Saguaro population, the Tonto National Forest, a few years back when traveling a sand wash I turned up a narrow canyon and was greeted by the largest Saguaro I've ever seen, parked the Quad under it to get a picture but have since lost it. Interesting you live in Divide, my younger brother Shane lives there also in Golden Bell on Alpine View Road. Happy Trails.
    FabOneUp likes this.
  3. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere
    Headed out to Estacada and beyond on the Strada today, hit 2k miles. Running like a top. It was about 40, ice on the bridge you see here, and in the shadows so I didn't go to far. I may be nuts for riding at 40, but the folks kayaking are hard core!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  4. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    I will be waiting anxiously for that pic.:) Your brother lives about 3 miles from me...crazy! Trail 717 is right outside his neighborhood and is epic as long as you complete the entire trail. It is single track and not ment for a Terra, but my little TE250 is an incredible tight woods bike. I can be to that trail system in about 5 minutes. Your brother pretty much lives on top of it.
  5. gunnr Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610, TERRA
    Was able to get a few miles in today despite the icy spots on the river road. I'm liking it....

[IMG]

[IMG]
  6. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere
    Dougan Falls?
    BILLF and roscotom like this.
  7. gunnr Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610, TERRA
    yep, nice 20 mile ride from home
    BILLF likes this.
  8. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere
    Cool. I was recently out there on the Strada, but wasn't taking pictures that day. Love the ride out there, I'm really partial to rivers, mainly because they rarely run straight!
    Anthill Toenail likes this.
  9. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    What I love about Husky riders!!you guys ride make me jealous soon ill pound out some miles on my Terra and post some pica. HAPPY NEW YEAR! !! billf
    Coffee likes this.
  10. scottinAZ Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna TR 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Yamaha Royal Star Venture
    My brother Shane has been riding bikes nearly his whole life like me, he currently owns a CR150R big wheel edition, which he hits that trail you mention often. He flies on that thing, funny seeing a 48 year old riding a "kids" bike. Perhaps you two will run into each other.....rephrase that, perhaps you will cross paths, he hates riding in cold weather so you might have to wait until spring to see him and his little CR blazing the trails.
    FabOneUp likes this.
  11. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE
    On the trip home from the shop after picking up my Terra

[IMG]
  12. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere
    Great New Years ride today, 110 miles, bike running fantastic. Thank goodness for heated gear. Picked up a baclava on sale at Cycle Gear for $9.99, really helped with the 40 degree weather. Spent about 4 hours on the bike exploring the hills above Sheridan, OR, had not spent much time up there previously. In my younger days I use to fly, we would have described today as CAVU. Clear an Visibility Unlimited. A really great way to bring in the New Year. My camera does not do the view justice.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Notice the nice clean chain, in spite of the goo I was riding in.

[IMG]

Love the moss on the trees!

[IMG]

Looks like a fun place, at least in the summer![IMG]

Mount Hood in the distance, beautiful day.

[IMG]

Need a mud flap on the back of the fender!

[IMG]

My first attempt at shadow shots on the fly. The sun's setting on a great day, make that a great year, of riding. Lots of riding to look forward to in 2013! Happy New Year!

I really enjoy tree farms like this...

[IMG]

[IMG]

The end of the road for me. A lot slicker than it looks. I'll definitely be back here.
  13. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Put 1000 miles on the Terra last weekend. I think this bike is going to be a winner :thumbsup:
    Here are some photos from the weekend, and I've started a ride report in the Ride Reports forum...
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  14. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere
    Very nice shot!
  15. HARDER1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ400S
    Went out for a cold winter ride this weekend. It was fun to hit all different kinds of terrain and give the Terra a good "skills" test. I hit frozen mud, deep sand, river rocks, creek crossings, and lots of gravel. A fun day.
    photo 3.JPG photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG
  16. Beemermcr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Terra - "Burro"
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 BMW 1200 GSA, 2000 DRZ400e
    Great pics, but the tires really caught mr eye! What are they and how do they compare to stock?
  17. jugglingogre Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    '96 DR650
    Those aren't stock tyres!....Whatcha running? How does she handle the gum boots?
  18. HARDER1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ400S
    The tires are Pirelli MT21's. Unlike Dunlop 606's, they make a 140 rear. I've been running MT21s for years and love the performance and life. They do good on the street (lowest priority!) but they really shine in gravel, mud, etc. There is no comparison to the stock Sahara tires. I was breaking the stockers loose both on cement and dirt and it scared the crap out of me more than once. With the MT21's the brakes actually work! They track well in the dirt and mud and make the bike way more predictable. What blew my mind was how thin and flimsy the Saharas were when I removed them. Shale rock would cut them to pieces. Cheers.
  19. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Finally got out today with my wife!
    image.jpg
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    krussell and Coffee like this.
  20. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class