Our crew leader's X Trainer is badass.

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by robertaccio, Mar 15, 2017.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Full Stilwell suspension treatment with Fox rear shock and many other little bits but still mainly in X Trainer configuration. This bike is insane for tight single track railing.
    X Trainer Tim\'s.jpg
  2. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    If I wasn't a die hard husky guy......
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    So what makes it better than a Beta 300RR?
    Big Timmy likes this.
  4. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    It does feel lighter and smaller sitting on it and rolling it around the dealer floor. Supposed to keep the torque of a 300 but cut off the top end making it easier to manage. The only thing I ever read about is how horrible the suspension is though. Fox shock is typical and then they normally source different forks too. If they made a Race Edition model with better suspension they'd probably never even have the chance to put one on the floor
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Norm, the engineering design premise. similar to the goal of the KTM version, a more sedate easy to manageable trail bike (not racer) without reengineering and design costs. lower level components= budget version of the race bike in lower seat height ergos. You know the deal. IMHO most trail rider folks would get through terrain easier, better and faster on one of these.
    PS the KTM version is way down compared to the Beta version. With Tim's having the Stilwell package on it, its far superior than the stock version. He has done nothing with the powerplant, its still a soft toned down trials feeling engine, but it is a 300 so it really gets with the program just in that slow rev heavy flywheel trials sort of way. The thing kinda feels like a TTR type full size mini hard to explain but it feels smaller and lighter than a standard enduro bike although it does have full size components. see viddy And yes John's is plated from AZ.
    Me following John (the other X-Trainer guy in our crew) on his 100% stock X-Trainer with real knobbies on our local "horse trail" and another section. (DD knows where these shots are from) My bike sounds so weird Go-Pro is left side handlebar mounted (never again). gives an idea of how X-Trainer carves.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPISGKTcC28&t=13s

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoVLMH0REpg
    Dirtdame likes this.
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    you can see the pipe has that really long constant dia trials type header section coming off the cylinder. I heard if you install a "real" 300 pipe it goes from mild to wild......but that's not what is wanted here.
  7. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    I rode one both ways..... the stock way is waaay to mild even for me our lady friend likes it.... real 300 pipe it was awesome and the shortness was sweet and handy
    robertaccio likes this.
  8. PaulD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr250( sold)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Sprint RS. Honda TRX300EX Be
    Another bike I want! Need to win the damn lottery
  9. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Just shows it's the rider when they are on a machine with what most of us consider sub par boingers and still gettin it. This is the bike I would really like to get for the wifey.