1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

or- wr- cr tank difference

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by patgas, Feb 20, 2010.

1. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

is the or and wr tank the same 3 gallon tank in steel and is the cr one alliminuim,looking for tank for 79 or 390 and want to find out if any of others are same cheers,
  2. tommie d Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Twenty one and counting
    Other Motorcycles:
    Two Honda's
    OR and WR fuel tank is aluminum and are the same. The CR tank just has a smaller capacity then the OR and WR fuel tank.
  3. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    At least for the 1983 models the xc has a larger tank and longer plastic stops so the forks don't hit it. I am pretty sure the wr also has the larger tank and am sure the cr has the smaller tank. It is not that easy to tell the difference from pictures from most angles. Using that information you could probably figure it out by going through the parts sheets available on this site.

Fran
  4. tommie d Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Twenty one and counting
    Other Motorcycles:
    Two Honda's
    What's wrong with the fuel tank that's on it right now? Didn't look to bad in the picture.
  5. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1980 390CR, 1982 430CR, 1984 400WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
    gas filler location

the easiest way to tell the older or / wr tanks vs cr is the gas cap is in the center of the tank. cr tank cap is on the rh side cause tank is narrower.

husky john
  6. HuskyT Moderator

The 1979/80 Auto has the small aluminum tank with RH side fill as well.

T
  7. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

sorry guys

either i hav different tank,because my tank is steel and it has big ding on other side.i thought the or and wr use a 3 gallon steel tank and the cr uses ally one ?
  8. HuskyT Moderator

Does your tank have the center fill? Steel? IF so , this is an OR / WR tank.

The picture you posted looks like the larger steel tank... More pics please.

T
  9. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

yep

yes larger center fill,steel tank, i asume or wr are same tank yes? any others same of any other years cheers,looking at part numbers 80 cr,79 or wr,78 0r wr all same part number steel tank i asume.79 cr same as 80 wr,wre,acc wich must be ally tank ? strange findings,bit of useless info for you guys.
  10. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

sent you pm huskydoggg