1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Opportunity For A 16 Te300 Or 2010 Wr300, What To Chose?

Discussion in '2st' started by Ajvdub, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Ajvdub Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    CRF230f
    Hey all, new member here. I sold a Honda CRF230 for $2,500 and have it to put towards my next bike.

I have an opportunity to buy a 2010 WR300 (BMW years), 10 hrs on the top end, Recluse clutch (stock one in a box) fresh Lectron carb (does not have the stock one) and he says it runs and shifts great, but the plastics are pretty beat and there are some scuffs and scrapes all around. He wants $2,800 so, almost even money. It has a goofy kick start and I've heard parts can be a pain to find, but spoke to Bills in Oregon today, and he said parts to keep it running are plentiful.

There is a 2016 TE300 in really nice condition as well, low hours, new rear tire and bone stock other than a few protective guards. He wants $5500, so, $3k out of pocket for this bike. I'd offer him $5k and see what he says.

Both are very close to my house in Los Angeles and both are well maintained. I have a feeling of what most of you guys are going to say, but $2000-$2500 is not nothing.
    115820270_10220733653028011_8113350235356005479_o.jpg 00z0z_2Z5PFlVR4u2_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Thanks you guys for any help and guidance!
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    The WR is what I own. I often wish it had an electric starter and an easier clutch pull. I had a Lectron on my bike for a little while....never really liked it and went back to stock with JD Racing jetting kit. I see the one in the picture looks like it has had the seat cut down. I would probably go with the later e start Austrian one if I were you.
    Chisler and robertaccio like this.
  3. Ajvdub Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    CRF230f
    Yes, the seat was cut, which I do not need, giraffe legs.

Ok, thanks for that.
  4. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Parts availability is a huge plus for the 2016. Had a 15 and it was a great bike aside form the 4cs forks. They were barely ok imo. Plus the estart is nice but not necessary. Not to say the other is a bad bike by any means. Both are great but I’d take the Austrian bike all day.
  5. wrx Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1973 to 1986 husky's various models
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM -250 / Buell / Penton 400 mc5
    TE300 would be my choice for parts availability alone.
  6. Ajvdub Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    CRF230f

This one has the WP forks up front. Other than some scraped up brush guards, it's in tip top shape. He is just looking for the manual and the power valve springs.
  7. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Hopefully he’ll give ya the stock spare jets and and tool kit too! My 15 came with a tool kit, a leaner needle and a few main jets, power valve springs, and bag of some spare hardware which included bolts for the brake and clutch lever if you want to remove the perch mounted hand gaurds.
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I really would take the TE300 Austrian Husky much easier to deal with.....but if you can stretch it the 2017 and newer Husky/KTMs with the C/B shaft are superior in every way. The 2010 WR300 is a great bike, but at this point it's more of a collectors/enthusiast machine.
    RickyDZero likes this.
  9. RickyDZero Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 Tx 300 i and 2015 Fc 250
    +1 for 2017 and above
  10. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Where do you want me to start? I use to own a ex Zip Ty Racing Italian 2010 Husky WR 300. The bike had just about all you could do to make it a great bike

Ohliens suspention front and rear
    Custom built rear caliper braket and shark fin so you could run the same bigger rotor as all the other husky
    Motion pro custom and shorter clutch cable
    CR electrics lighter flywheel
    Motor was stock and is faster then my 2016 TE 300
    The Wr is not near as well built as the TE The Wr clutch will wear out faster, so will the clutch basket The Throdle cable where it goes into the carb will cut thru the cable guide
    All the bearing any where on the bike will wear out faster inside outside ft to rear Motor is strong but will require more service
    The list go on and on It was a good bike for the day I did win a AMA National # 1 expert 50a class # 1 plate on it
    But the bike is based on 20 year old ideas

In 2016 I got a new 2016 TE 300 I have rode this bike everywhere from National Hare and Hounds at below sea level to above 8,000 in the Utha mountains
    To 3 King of the motos and 4 Last Dog standings and a lot of other events.

The bike now has 4,000 miles and other then oil changes I have replaced nothing ZERO nothing. Bike is as it was when I purchased it, still has same clutch chain piston ect
    It is just a better bike with e start, six speed ect If I ever need to get a part I can get it just about anywhere
    So it is your call you want a WR that is just the same as a 2000 Husky or something newer and better
  11. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Just to add to what Ajax says, I also have a very custom 06 250 that I bought from him. It's a great bike, no doubt about it. It's still competitive for my class of desert racing and I don't have problems with stock parts, gaskets, piston, etc. However, aftermarket support is starting to go away so unless that WR has all the goodies you want on it, you might think twice.

However, the newer bikes are just so much more refined. Weight distribution is more balanced, they start really nice with the button, the after market is full of stuff they still make, and it's going to hold it's value better.

If you are just looking for a trail bike the newer TE is much more tunable to suit your needs. Coming off a 230 is going to be a big jump for you. Why not give yourself the advantages of a newer bike? Trying to kick that old WR on a steep hill is really tough, trust me.
  12. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    They are hard enough to start on flat ground for that matter.:rolleyes:
    Bill502 and Huskynoobee like this.
  13. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    True story!
  14. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I have let a few people ride my 300, and invariably I hop on their bike....take off....only to have to turn around and go back to find them trying to figure out how to get the bike to fire up. These were big guys too, but the WRs take a certain "touch" to get them to fire up quickly. Admittedly, once you have mastered that, things get easier.
  15. hhdwtmtw He who dies with the most toys wins...

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE300, '11 TE449, '10 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Royal Enfield Continental GT 650
    I would pick the TE300. Parts availability will become a problem with the WR.
  16. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    The 2010 wr300 should be ok to start as it had the older ignition . The TE feels so much more modern and easier to ride in technical tracks. Also fuel range on the TE will be better . I still like the WRs though especially when they had the KYB forks
    Huskynoobee and Giack Husky310R like this.
  17. Giack Husky310R Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2X TE310R 13' - WR300 10'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco SEF 300 Factory CHracing
    Just my 2 cents, even if I saw that the initiator of this thread purchased the 2010 WR. I own both bikes matter of discussion, even if I dont' have a husqvarna TE 300 but a Husaberg te 300 2014, wich shares everithing with the indian husky except for frame and swingarm. Just as a background, the WR has almost everithing a WR could have, the berg has revalved forks and shock, fmf fatty pipe and an emisferic race head.
    The only thing that could make the WR inferior to the te 300 is only the absence of the electric starter (that's a PIA to keep it functional in the ktm's between poor electrical system and bad design) and a really weird, stupid and short kickstarter. A part from this defect and the short ratio CR gearbox I prefer the WR over the TE 300.
    The WR is far more powerful than the TE (even a stock WR), nimble as the TE (it feels heavier than the berg and even of the 310 when stationary but only because she is a little more big and tall, it's hardly noticeable while driving) and far more and more and more stable. I've used my berg also for racing (mid-table level) and mantained her in perfect shape for that and can definetly say ( also from the total rebuild of the 310) that Italian Husky's were assembled maybe not better but with better quality components. I'm not saying that 14-16 husky's sucks but that WR's will also be old bikes and basically the same from 1992 to 2013 but they are still incredibly actual despite years go by
  18. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    I love my 2009 300. Reliable as hell. 50mm forks like new seals, but that is the only complaint.
    Giack Husky310R likes this.
  19. ggg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 14
    Other Motorcycles:
    NONE
    go the wr 300, the 4cs forks on the TE 300 are terrible unless you ride slow, if you going to be doing ST over 30 to 40 mph they suck and put a lot of the hits straight through to your body, and that means more money again

WR are a great bike for the cash
    steadydirt and Giack Husky310R like this.
  20. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    and they rip