Oops, I did it again......

Discussion in 'Older Single cams' started by street2dirt, Nov 4, 2015.

1. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TXC310, WR300, 85 125WR, 82 175XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    Well, look what followed me home to Florida last week. Had a good friend stash this at his business in PA until I could get up there. On the way up she asked me why I have a ladder in the van. "Ummm, that's a bike ramp honey." Bwahahahaha, I'm so glad she gets me. It was also a "business trip" to pick stuff for her antique shop here. Found a good running '92 WXC350 that started on the 4th kick after setting for 6 mos. Now the fun begins....... image.jpg
  2. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    So far only need air filter(was falling apart), grips & tires to make rideable. Had a set of Mich S12s laying around so they went on. Will be searching the old interweb to find chain, sprockets, wheel bearings & later brake pads. I'll be able to race this in FTRs bomber class for bikes over 20 yrs old. My only real ? Is about oil changes, how often & what viscosity is best to use.
  3. DaveM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 TE 570
    Other Motorcycles:
    Motorised Bicycle
    street2dirt likes this.
  4. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I rode one of those for years, I probably have some of that stuff laying around. Those are very reliable and start real easily as you have noticed. Just keep good oil in it, clean the air filter and check the valves once in a while and it will last forever. That bike is in extremely good shape for its age.
  5. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    Thanks Rancher1, let me know what ya have. It is in good shape, the quest for parts begins.......
  6. wrx Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1973 to 1986 husky's various models
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM -250 / Buell / Penton 400 mc5
    NICE UNIT ! good luck with it.
  7. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    Well, I finally got to take this thing for a ride in the dirt. Suspension still needs a refresh, but I gotta say this thing is fast. And it sounds really good. So far I just put on tires, chain & sprockets, rear wheel bearings, grips, air filter & cleaned the carb. Will still need swingarm & linkage bearings, although they're still usable. The swingarm bearings are the same as '94& '95 but still need to verify which linkage kit will work.
  8. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I have a '93. They do sound nice, on the cam! Enjoy that bike!
    street2dirt likes this.
  9. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    image.jpg
    Anyone want to take a stab at deciphering this, is on the upper left rear of the cylinder & head. Also anyone have a source for a linkage bearing kit. I found one available for the 94-95s but I'm pretty sure the swingarm is different on those. Or can I just use the later swingarm & shock? Thanks in advance. Getting the suspension done on this in a week or two.
  10. stormer254 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    More than I dare let her know
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes!
    Casting numbers for matched pair.
  11. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    Looking for footpeg info, what years or what other makes fit this model? Got her all ready to go, suspension dialed in & will be going to last HS of the FTR season on 6/04 in Okeechobee in the pre-modern (over 20 yr old bikes) class. Should be fun.... Then may do more extensive restoration over the summer.
  12. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    And they say 4-strokes are hard to start...... Well, at the HS on 6-4, went down & sprained left foot. Or so I thought, x-rays showed broken Tib at ankle. 8 weeks later I'm finally getting the 350 out of the trailer. Wash it down & realize I left the gas on, doh. So I do the routine, lay bike on left side til gas runs out, kick through 6-7 times with comp release in, choke on and........... The damn thing started on the first kick. Bwahahaha, gotta love it!
    View attachment 70236 View attachment 70236 image.jpeg

Attached Files:

13. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That tells the head and rocker cover were machined together as a matching set.
    Later george