1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc One more enduro wiring post -- desperate for help.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Cosmokenney, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    This is for my 2009 WR 250. I'm no good at this electrical stuff. So any help is appreciated. I've read all the threads about wiring this thing. But I really need to see it in order for it to sink in. I decided to post this picture with what I've figured out, and what I need help with. I've numbered the connectors I need help with so it is easier to refer to them. Please help me out I'm clueless.

wr wiring kit.jpg

EDIT: Sorry about the size of this picture. It is much bigger on my computer. If you want to see it in full size, I've posted it to google drive here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8p2nZHc47ASMjNxX2pSLU8xMFU/view?usp=sharing
  2. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
  3. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    I think that may be some sort of condenser. Yes both ring terminals will go to a ground. I never did figure out exactly how everything was supposed to plug in on mine and since I didn't use the factory computer, I made my own harness. But, anything yellow will plug into the yellow wire coming from the stator.
  4. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Oh, that's a condenser or capacitor. The yellow from the stator has a female spade connector that connects to the male spade on the yellow wire to the regulator. So I guess the condenser should be in front of all the lights? So then #4 from the condenser would go to the female from the stator. Then #2 from the condenser would go to #5 on the harness. Then #3 on the harness would go to the (now free) male spade that is on the regulator's yellow wire. Maybe??
  5. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Sounds about right to me.
    Cosmokenney likes this.
  6. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    So a call to the all mighty Hall's cleared this up once and for all. He said the "thing" is a regulator. I don't know why there is another one since that big box with fins bolted to the frame is also a regulator. But, he also said it doesn't matter where in the system it is incorporated. So I'm going stator -> new regulator thing -> new wiring harness -> old regulator. So that means the stator yellow goes to #4. #2 goes to #5. #3 goes to the old regulator.
  7. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Show us your install when you've got it done. Would be good reference if I retire mine from racing and put lights on it for Trail rides.
  8. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Will do, and I'll try to remember this thread as I go from AC to DC. I'm going to get the AC lights going first for a little more head-on visibility on our trails. Then I'm going to add LEDs before the fall so I can ride longer.
    454x and NCSteve like this.
  9. wayneoXCF Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '07KTM250XCF, '05CR125R, '08WR250
    Sorry to hijack your thread but since were talking wiring here, Im having a brain freeze and cant get my rear brake light to work. Hope you guys can help me wire it up. 2008 WR250, headlight and tail light are on when engine running only, (no switch at bars) it has yellow and blue wires coming from the front of the harness. Bike has a new Tusk brake switch installed, (brakes bled), and replaced the small stock led rear with a new rear dual sport LED off ebay with the 3 wires-(Red-black-green). Its a simple setup, just not working for me. Maybe its a defective light or switch. The light is on with bike running, but not "braking" when the pedals down. Any ideas? Please see pics and thanks for your time.
    pic:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-P1nqyBqbMmWFRsMnN6d2JvRTA/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-P1nqyBqbMmdkFfWDExUXJYU1E/view?usp=sharing
  10. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM125, SWM RS500R & Superdual
    At a guess I'd say black is earth, red is stop and green is tail. Test this (and the light) by applying power directly to the wires. Id use a 9v battery as the power source.
    Cosmokenney likes this.