1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

On-off Light switch

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by DirtyOldMan, May 13, 2009.

1. DirtyOldMan Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    15 Beta XTrainer 04 250 RFS
    On my 06 TE510 there is on/off switch on the back side of the HI-LO/horn/indicator switch housing. It is non functional. The button can be pressed in but it doesn't stay or "click" or turn off the lights.

I'm wondering if maybe I have a EU switch that has been somehow rendered non-functional to comply with US regs?

If so I'd like to "functionalize" this switch.

Anyone run into this before?
  2. rajobigguy Administrator

What you're probably looking at is the hi/lo flasher switch. It is a momemtary switch that flashes the hi beam. Try turning on you're lights at night and look to see if the switch flashes the high beam. It is probably not disabled because you need to use it for certain functions on you're speedo.
  3. Dieselox4 Husqvarna
    A Class

You are correct. it is the high/low momentary switch. Husky made the light to function in corolation to the speedo to make it 50 state legal since half the states require a light always on, and to keep people from cutting it off.

I have an 07 and am getting ready to put a switch behind the front number plate to turn it off when im just riding on trails in the day. I dont like having it on when not needed.

I will probably do it this weekend. I have to figure out which one goes to the bulb. I havent looked yet.

Mike
  4. DirtyOldMan Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    15 Beta XTrainer 04 250 RFS
    Thanks, found out today about the momentary high beam but didn't know about the speedo function. I'll have to read up on that speedo in my "Hans and Franz" book.

Also discovered today that the turn signals are apparently the only electric function that works without the motor running.
    Had an old man moment, came out of the DMV to find the left blinker blinking away.
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    My horn works with engine off!

And yes I've had people pull up along side on the freeway pointing out that the blinker was blinking on the bike :lol: