1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Oh these 4 strokes!

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Joe Chod, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

OK..........Is it me or have I been on 2 strokes too long? Getting to know my 09 TE310. Pulling suspension to send out and clutch setup for auto clutch. Forks off and out in no time. No hasles nor surprises. Rear shock.........oh boy. bottom bolt put on by Luka Bratzi at the factory. tight fit in there too. Ended up removing 1 side of linkage wishbone to get at it. Then removing rear subframe and silencer was not fun. This thing was set in with tighter tolerances than a darn Luger pistol! All the wires and such too. Clutch came out like a snap though...........although with the auto decomp.......had to get the air gun really singing before hub 27mm spun off. Is it me? Is the bike just giving me the "Hey.I'm-ah new-ah over here-ah". "Tight-ah like-ah virgin......no?" I am realy impressed with the bike though...don't get me wrong...just sems like the 2 strokes were so much easier, and I am talikng frame/chasis stuff here...........nothing engine related. Did notice something funny though.........mechanic who assembled my bike wrote with a marker on the front axle "Hey Joe...Good luck" on it...........pretty cool. Finally, is the dash/speedo and the key setup all an integral unit or seperate? Have not made it that far yet.

Joe
  2. Last Lap Husqvarna
    A Class

I called Rekluse about an auto clutch and was told there is not one out for the 310. They told me the 250 and 310 are different because of the site glass. Did you get one for your bike?

Where you able to change you speedo form kilo to mph? I can't get it.
  3. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

EFM for 09 250/310. He has already done 2! As for Rekluse, site glass is not in clutch cover and the little holder bracket will sti line up. Once again like the WR's, they will ignore it because it is not maistream and lose out. Poor them and they will realize later.
    Seee page 15 in english section of manual to change to mph from km.
    Mine was done by mydealer (great attention to detail I must say!)
  4. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Was it Harv that wrote on your axle? Just sounds like something he would do.
  5. Eurofreak Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1986 TE 510, 1982 CR250, 2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    70's Triumph , Bultaco , Maico, etc
    Yeah the four bangers are a little more compact and complicated. Guess I'm used to them after all this time. Mine ain't so tight anymore:D
    she's been around...
    As for the rr shock i remove the top bolt and fully compress the swingarm to get at the bottom bolt- not sure if yours is the same.
    Good luck!