1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc OFFICINE PROVINI group buy of adjustable WR power valve

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by MOTORHEAD, Mar 28, 2010.

1. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I'm considering importing a batch of the OFFICINE PROVINI T.E.C. (Two stroke Exaust system Controller ) for the WR250. I want one really bad, and I think others may want them too. So, I want to see if there is any interest in possible getting a few in at once. May be able to get a better price and save on shipping for all that are interested.

If you are, post on here and we'll see how many we might be talking about. If it's very big I may talk to someplace like Hall's and see if they might import some for us, so I don't end up in the dog house over this.

My wife is dead set against me doing this, but I'd still like to look into it. I don't always ( rarely when it comes to motorcycles ) do what she says. :eek:
  2. Clayfan Husqvarna
    A Class

It would depend on how much $ per unit. I'd be more interested if somebody would import those RFX shift levers to replace the stock ones on the WR 250's 300's
  3. sean Husqvarna
    B Class

[IMG]

Just had my'n rebuilt, forget the fww, this think is the best thing for the 2 stroke, it makes so much difference, and is easy adjustable. who cares how much they cost....... to a point, point is they work, there re-buildable

Motosportz: i live near the husqy team, ill have a word and see what they fetch, and whether it may be worth your while, ill PM you asap
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I think you meant Motorhead.

BTW Motorhead you might change the title to "group buy of adjustable WR250 power valve" or something to get more interest. Some people might not know what your talking about with your title.
  5. sean Husqvarna
    B Class

yep sorry my mistake :notworthy:
  6. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Changed title.
  7. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I'm interested depending on price. How much are they per unit before a potential discount?
  8. nimiz1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

they asked for 390 euro in italy
  9. kx3089 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Motorhead,I've wanted one for the past year but the cost has been an issue.I recently did some top end work and set my PV to the specs it should have been at.50.5mm from top of cylinder it was at 47mm and at fully open the little side port valves or whatever they are were opening up too much and actually blocking the opening somewhat, now they stay flush.The difference is amazing .The bike is much more controllable and climbs snotty,rooty,rutty hills like nothing now. I'm also using the 38 AS with the JD jet kit,just picked up a NVE3.Thanks for the info.
  10. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    What I hope to do here is have enough interest that I might be able to negotiate a decent price by buying say 5 or 10 at a time. I don't want to pay that much for one either.

kx3089- I've worked on setting my valves, also and came up with the same conclusion as you. But, I still think there's room for improvement. Can you imagine what it would be like if the Provini TEC improved it as much as simply setting the adjustment did?

BTW- Let me know how the needle works for you.
  11. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Not that this helps this thread but if I had a WR 250/300 again I would be so all over jumping in on this. This is the crown jewel for the 250/300 in my mind.
  12. Bradass80 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'd be interested too if you can get them for less than $500, I'd rather have a Rekluse if I were to spend $500 on my bike. Let us know what you find out. Brad.
  13. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Yes, I believe in this thing, too. I'm finding this to a awesome like motor with some great versatility the longer I work with it. Right now it's a mountain goat of a motor. It will pull away high gears like it's nothing and crawl up out of anything. When the trail gets hacked up, you can just click up a gear or two and glide right through the nasties.

But, there is still a hard transition coming on to the pipe. If there's ton of traction it's not a problem, it's actually so cool to go from crawling to ripping with just a twist of the throttle. If traction isn't perfect it's really hard to manage and you just light up the back tire, go nowhere fast and might even end up bouncing off some trees, or worse.

After all the stuff I've tested I've narrowed it down to the power valve. Getting control of the opening rate of this valve might just make this the perfect woods racing motor.

It has better bottom end tractability than a four stroke, rivals them in roll on when there's traction and gives up nothing on the top side, with the 6 speed anyway.

I think this unit will give this motor the control it needs when traction is limited. The one thing it seems to be giving up to the 4X.
  14. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Get both! I've got the Rekluse, now I just need this thing.
  15. Bradass80 Husqvarna
    AA Class

If money wasn't an issue I would, but it is. Just keeping tires on my bike and gas in the truck to get me to my riding spots i priority numero uno, after that comes the add ons. Keep us informed on what you find. Brad.
  16. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I feel your pain brother. I really don't need to be buying this thing either, but..... :excuseme:
  17. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I'm trying to wrap my head around how this works.... does it restrict the amount of travel the PV can open? Or does it change spring tension somehow? And what would need to be rebuilt on it?
  18. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    If I was still riding my WR250.... I would have mailed the check already!:cheers:
  19. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Check here for info on the patent to get an idea of how it works.
  20. sean Husqvarna
    B Class

No, when the powervalve opens, there is a little pin that moves up and down on the left side of the engine, this devise sits on the side and the pin goes into a sleeve.

The unit have 4 positions, when you rev the bike, the power valve will open, but the control unit wont let it open in one big hit, it slows it down. it works like a steering damper. and is rebuild able