Odometer reset to zero

Discussion in '610/630' started by Kt06siggm1, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Kt06siggm1 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 sm610
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    My odometer went back to zero while riding. The weird thing is is that it is still tracking the mileage, so the odometer is going up. I'm up to 40 miles now. I have tried resetting by disconnecting the battery multiple times to no avail. Any ideas how to fix it or am I gonna have to live with it?
  2. Kt06siggm1 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 sm610
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    Bump. Am I SOL?
  3. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    Sorry, I don't think anyone has run into this problem before.

Spice Weasel likes this.
  4. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    by law, I believe street legal bikes have to have a non-resetable odometer (meaning a digital speedo has to store the odo value in non-volatile memory). So your gauge is screwed up or you're reading the trip meter.
  5. Kt06siggm1 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 sm610
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    I am definitely not reading the trip meter. I have had weird issues with the cluster in the past but a battery reset and it's fine. Did not work in this situation. The cluster is accurately tracking rpm, mph, miles etc. Just it went back to zero and now I'm at 80 miles.
  6. Kt06siggm1 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 sm610
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    After it reset it started doing this....

https://imgur.com/a/WPz18

Pulled battery and it stopped doing that but odometer was still wrong.
  7. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    ibeat can show the ECU EEPROM operation time. It seems the mileage is stored in the dash, on an EPROM?
    Have you opened the dash and had a look inside to see if theres anything visibly wrong? or checked the wires and plug to the dash for shorts or poor connections?
  8. Kt06siggm1 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 sm610
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    Haven't had the time yet but plan to look into it this weekend. Will update the thread with my findings
  9. Kt06siggm1 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 sm610
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    Couldn't find anything shorted or pinched. All looks normal. Is the cluster or ECU contain the mileage? Wonder if I got a new cluster the real mileage would come back? Now at 130 miles...
  10. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    The mileage must be stored on the dash, i coudnt find any reference to it on the ECU once i got ibeat working. Its a shame you didnt take a picture of your dash when you opened it. Is there any pics of the insides of a late 610 dash on the net somewhere? maybe someone could determine what chip the mileage is stored on.