Oakland CA, 08 TE 450, No Spark any possible local for part tests ?

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Powellyte450, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Powellyte450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 450. TXC 310R.
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR 250 R, LTZ 400, Truimph Bonie.
    Hey Guys.

2008 TE 450, No spark. 900 miles...

Just back fired and stop dead in her tracks, right bang flat out side my damn X's place too unbelievable and like that Arrow pipe is so quite no even know, Yeah right lol be my luck get towed off for stalking.
    I've had the bike from new it has barely ever been used always garage kept, I have a few bikes just not done much dual sport stuff in while, figured I get back into it and pop nope who's got the trailer lol....

She has the power up stuff, I did all the usual inspections and OHM's testing replaced the plug and coil the stator is passing the ohms with flying colors so I've not touched it, I've check the forums looks like a few people have gone through this, my fear is its the ECU at this point and it seems the best way to check this is to interchange with another one to see if that's the fix.

I'm pretty much at a loss right now.

One other thing I also would like to check out here if anyone else is catching this or I'm doing something wrong,
    The Husky Service manual 2008 TE 450:

Wiring color codes not matching my bike ehmm ?
    OHM's specs for the ignition coil in manual say:
    Primary 4.5 (So if I'm right this would mean 4.5 which is less than the 200 setting)
    Secondary 5K (K short hand for Thousand so 5000 = less than 20000 or the 20K setting)

I initially thought the coil was the problem because it tested at:
    Primary 4.9
    Secondary 19.76K

The brand new coil tested at almost the same so I'm unsure if I'm missing something or the manual is not correct which I really just cant get my head around to be honest, if the specs are off I think it would be a great idea to create a post to let people know cuz my OCD wants to re wire the whole bike to match the manual do I blame Austrian Germans Italians I just don't even know man lol..

Thanks for any help guys..
    Also
    For Sale 2008 TE 450 like new will run great hope fully at some point maybe looks cool parked though pfft haha...

2014 TXC 310R best bike I've ever owned.
    Just sayin.
  2. columbia510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Have you checked the fuses behind the right side panel?
    Powellyte450 likes this.
  3. Powellyte450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 450. TXC 310R.
    Other Motorcycles:

Hey man thanks, yeah I checked good call.
    I spoke to George at Uptite last week he suggested pull the flywheel completely and check the wood ruff key for bad timing.
    I've got a feeling though its the ECU I found another thread where a guy pretty much followed the same steps I have and it led to that, problem is every one seems to feel the ECU's rarely fail but this bike is like new so no wire stress or corrosion nothing loose new coil new stator.

I did find a company called "Carmo Electric" LA area I think who could maybe offer repair service but I'm still looking at $400 with no guarantee they can do it.

Are you Columbia as in Italian Bar ?
  4. Powellyte450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 450. TXC 310R.
    Other Motorcycles:
    PROBLEM SOLVED !!!

Go ahead laugh call me crazy but this is what I did and this is what happened. I hope this can help any one else going through this head banging night mare.
    Try this before cutting open all your wiring looms on the bad advice ECU's never go bad !

I couldn't stand looking at that ECU thinking I cant see what's going on in there any more.
    To try and get just any bit of reaction to tell me this is it, I froze it for 2 solid days in a Zip Lock bag put it on the bike this morning and its NEVER ran this good !!!

Bad ECU !

"Carmo Electric" in California offer an ECU repair service with a 3 year warranty for about one third the cost of a new unit.
    Good Luck.
    columbia510 likes this.
  5. columbia510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes
    Powellyte450 likes this.
  6. Powellyte450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 450. TXC 310R.
    Other Motorcycles:

Might see ya around I have a plot on I bar.