Nutserts....take that.

Discussion in '610/630' started by Philthy, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Philthy Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yammy WR250f
    Yes there's been a couple of threads in past on these dodgy inserts and having had three spin now with lots of colourful language at filter cleaning time I decided make my own fix.
    1)The nutsert plastic holders have had a slit put in them with a small drill and tidied up with stanley knife
    2)Some plastic holders have a web across to the airbox, these can be cleared down about a cm with a hole saw
    3)Screw up some small hose clamps around the plastic holders allowing the slit to squeeze up on the insert edges...easy

Here's hoping no more hassles with the box.

2015-01-20 09.42.17.jpg 2015-01-20 09.42.24.jpg
    Muddy Waters, grinder96 and jimmyc like this.
  2. grinder96 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    VFR800, XR80
    That was how 3 of mine were fixed when I got my bike. They are holding up well!!!

Now how to fix the "spinners" in my fuel tank????:eek:
  3. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Yeah, that's a good one. Doing a search will yield the different strategies some have used to get them back out, as well as what folks have done to make sure it doesn't repeat. I had my first happen recently (it's one of the tank shroud bolts, lower right near petcock) so I'll be re-reading that stuff myself. If the tank material seems beefy enough I think what I will do is a micro woodruff key kind of thing- like a millimeter deep notch in the side of the brass nut and a millimeter notch in the tank, then epoxy that into the hole with a key across the notches to keep it from spinning. Might work, especially if this is done on opposite sides of the nutsert. Now all of that may be over-kill...I'd imagine that as long as the nutserts are epoxied in well and one uses the anti-sieze, and doesn't over-tighten, then it should be fine. Getting it out to begin with is the fun. :)
  4. SimpleOne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 ZX-6R Trackbike
    Yep this is what I did with mine, combined with some JB weld. Two have held, one of the bastards is spinning again.....