Nordhoff Ridge, Sat. Oct. 29

Discussion in 'West - USA' started by Runner, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    A group DS ride up the Nordhoff Ridge, in the Los Padres NF is planned for Sat. Oct. 29, 8:00 AM. 8:15 AM kickstands up!

Each rider must contact the Ojai Ranger Station to request a pass at (805) 646-4348. Call the ranger station around Oct. 17. Only 20 passes are given out. Don't show-up without having a pass as I won't hold the gate open for anybody!

Meet at Rose Valley Campground off Highway 33. Adventure Passes are needed for your truck parked in the campground. It's probably a good idea to bring an unscratched-off Adventure Pass along with you on the bike should we get questioned when having a break on the trail.

Bring fully fueled bikes, water and a sack lunch. I don't know how long we will be out. We'll be doing some exploring of local fire roads.

Pack-in and Pack-out everything.

Directions:

From the intersection of Hwy. 33 and Hwy. 150, follow Hwy. 33 north 14.7 miles;

Turn right at the sign "Rose Valley Campground - 4" Follow this road for about 3.1 miles.

Turn right at the sign "Rose Valley Campground -1/2".

Park near the gate to Nordhoff Ridge.
    benwiggin2 likes this.
  2. TCP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sounds like a blast. Gotta work though.
  3. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    I'm working on finding more DS trails near Simi-Moorpark-Ojai. Ideas?
  4. Kevin2735 Husqvarna
    B Class

I'm coming from Carp via Hwy 150, and plan on gassing up in Ojai at the Y. I have a range of about 115 miles, do you think that is enough? I'm not able to truck the bike or extra fuel right now, so I will be riding there. I'd be willing to pay for a couple of gallons if someone else is bringing a truck and some extra fuel.
  5. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    Kevin2735, 115 miles should be plenty from Carpinteria. You'll be able to gas up in Ojai outbound and inbound. See you there.
  6. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    Kevin2735, thanks for the company and route suggestions. Please post up the photos you took and PM me the Pine Mountain Club ride. We'll plan another DS ride.
  7. Xjman1 Husqvarna

There are some nice trails near Fraizer Park for DS'ing. Any pics from Nordoff? I have never done that trail but it is on my list of to do's.
  8. Kevin2735 Husqvarna
    B Class

I didn't get any of the trail conditions, sorry bout that. Fairly easy fireroad trails. The begining from Rose Valley can be steep, loose, and some ruts. Once you are up on the ridge it is smooth sailing with very easy fire road that offers spectacular views of the mountains, oceans, islands, and the Ojai Valley. The legal areas amount to approx 35 miles of riding. Was definitely worth the trouble of the permit. In fact, because day use is limited to 20 vehicles it was nice to have the whole place to ourselves.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]