1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Non matching cases question.

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by photoguy_43420, Jan 23, 2017.

1. photoguy_43420 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 Husqvarna's from 1973-2001
    Other Motorcycles:
    73 Norton Commando 850
    I have a 87 430 XC that I had for many years and got as non runner. Well I have finally got around to it. When taking the motor out of the frame I noticed that rear insert that swing arm bolt goes through were lose and it was cracked on the left case. I have another set of 87 XC 430 cases that the left case is good but the right is cracked. I know on the MK series the matching cases had numbers on both these don't. As anyone used " non matching cases" on a 87 or so. If so any issues?
  2. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    i have done it on various primary kick engines...i wouldnt sweat it too bad.
  3. ajcmbrown Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    400WR 250WR 07 WR500 430AE 360AE
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 500CR Ducati Multistrada 1200S
    Me too, I have a 430 case and 500 case running as a 400, runs great, shifts beautifully, no issues.
    The other important fact is that Husqvarna list the parts as two individual part numbers, not matched pairs.
    I have been "educated" by others here for having this opinion in the past, but as I said then, if it's good enough for Husqvarna, it's good enough for me!
    Tony Brown.
    DeathFromAbove and oldbikedude like this.
  4. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    you good to go. It should work ok. I wouldn't sweat doing it. Running the swing arm bolt loose breaks the case. I have a cr 500 that one half the case has the epoxy holding the tube in. Luckily I just needs the inner gears for my 430 cr.

Decades ago we bolted the case halves together and line bored every bore in a fixture. Today with CNC machines with offsets in the computer in the millionths we can bore the case halfs seperate.

I have faith in the Swedish craftsmanship. The machining accuracy is beyond belief.
  5. photoguy_43420 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 Husqvarna's from 1973-2001
    Other Motorcycles:
    73 Norton Commando 850
    Great. I will put it together. With both of my good cases and get it back running!