1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc No Spark...Help!!!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by DirtyDan, Apr 15, 2012.

1. DirtyDan Husqvarna
    B Class

Hi

My bike has been out of order now for a few weeks, i can find the problem at all.

getting no spark.

We thought it was the pick up sensor at the flywheel but i fitted that y/day as the bike is stil the same.

2008 WRE 125

There is power going to the ecu
    checked fuses & fuse holders
    by passed ignition switch
    disconeted kill switch
    getting output at the voltage rectifier
    all wires and connections are clean & dry

Could the CDI/ECU have gone

we still dont seem to be getting any out put at the coil when the bike is kicked

can anyone help with this im stumped

Thx
    Dan
  2. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Errr...if it's a 2t, pull the plug out, be in a dim room, crank the bike over whilst grounding the plug to any metal part of the bike (plug is still connected to the lead at this time yeah).....if you have spark then it's not an issue with the coil.
    If no spark then l would looking at the coil and trace it back from there?

You can check the stator, download a manual for your bike and it should have the specs on what resistence to check for.

PS...What fín 2 stroke do you have with an ECU... l want one
  3. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike

For GOD SAKES, hold the plug with rubber gripped pliers...
  4. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I don't think the lighting circuit has anything to do with the ignition.

I think they are seperate.

Does your bike have a battery?
  5. DirtyDan Husqvarna
    B Class

There is no spark at all. its a CDI but the parts manual says ECU just wanted cover all basis

Yes the bike has a battery for the Lights ect but no electric start, have two good batteries which are fully charged.
  6. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Not checking the output of the lighting coils on the stator but the ignition coil(s)

Great source from TT on explanation and how to check : http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/567728-kx65-stator-testing/

Excuse my ignorance as a WRE125 doesn't exist in Australia as all WR's sold in Australia have all the lights fitted and a CDI test, 99% of the time it's easier to swap a known good CDI and test that as testing the unit can get you wild readings unless you get the tech breakdown for that type of CDI box...majority of the time it will be the physical wiring leading to the CDI that could of fault.
  7. Scootskipper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Kawasaki Z900RS, 1971 Bultaco
    Check to see if you may have stripped the key to the flywheel / alternator rotor. That happened to me once. I was clueless. If this happens to be the case, the fix is to use valve lapping compound and slip the flywheel on with no key. Turn it back and forth, checking occasionally to confirm when you have a perfect mating of surfaces. It will be obvious when you are doing it. Earl of Uptite gave me that advise and it fixed my problem forever. Hope this helps.
  8. DirtyDan Husqvarna
    B Class

Turned out to be the ECU in the end
  9. rages Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WRE125
    Hi!
    I have similar problem with my 2007 WRE 125 - no spark.
    Changed coil, regulator, checked wires, checked fuses, fuse holders..
    No results :(

I'm afraid, that the problem is dad ECU..

Can you suggest where can i buy ECU for my bike? I found ECU for WRE 125 year 2010 for a reasonable price, but it is another part number. Are ECU for year 2007 and 2010 identical, or are they different?

Please HELP!