1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

No front brake!

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by RB7, Apr 25, 2016.

1. RB7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Xt225
    I stupidly stored my bike with a bungee cord wrapped around my front brake lever applying the front brake. The front brake no longer responds to moving the brake lever. Little resistance at all. I would normally just figure this out but I'm going riding tomorrow on a last second offer from an old buddy. I've got much to do tonight... I imagine the fluid bypassed the cups in the master or maybe the caliper O rings aren't aren't retracting the pistons. Just wonder if somebody knows off the top of their head what's wrong and what I need to do? Thanks in advance.
  2. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Id give it a back bleeding by slowly compressing the caliper with my knee while holding the wheel with both hands. Then try pumping it up.
  3. RB7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Xt225
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it in the a.m. It seems like the master cylinder has plunged one direction (toward the caliper) but never returned back to its original position due to fluid leaking past the cups. Too tired to deal with it tonight...
  4. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    If you cant fix it just remove the lever and pads be rear brake only, dangerous as hell but you can still ride!
  5. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    You can remove the brake piston in the master cylinder, pretty easy as it's only held by a circlip - give it a clean and reinstall.

Empty the fluid out from the M/C, fill with fresh fluid, attach a syringe to the caliper and suck until you get clean all.

Pump up the lever and you should have pressure.

If it's still mushy, fill the syringe with brake fluid, take some fluid out of the master cylinder and back bleed.
  6. RB7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Xt225
    Old3, you were right. I thought about what you said and thought that you were sorta reversing what went wrong, so I took a c-clamp,( rather than my knee) and used it to push the pistons back into my caliper. This pumped fluid back up to the master, pushing the master cups back to where they're supposed to be at rest .Of course, I was careful not to overflow the master... Voila! Took about 5 minutes. Thanks for your advice.
    R_Little, juicypips and old3 like this.
  7. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    I may or may not have done this before. Downhills become very interesting.
  8. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Your very welcome! I do it pre ride or after my sight lap if I forget. Good thing to do when you unload. Keeps the air up and out, better braking is a good thing!