newbie seeking some help please

Discussion in '610/630' started by fewksie, Jan 5, 2015.

1. fewksie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 husqvarna sm610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 yamaha r1, 1987 Honda h100
    Ive had a husky (2000 husqvarna sm610) for a few years now but 2 years something went wrong and it just sat in the garage. So this year I decided to have a crack at fixing it. I've established that the oil leak is from the generator side. I've removed the outer casing and I have the flywheel puller from husky, but'!! How do you stop the flywheel from turning I've tried a few ways but I just can't get it to stop? Any ideas please
    Lastly, the relay at the front any idea where to get one from? I've tried ebay but no joy, are they generic?
  2. johnclearysm610 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 sm610
    Other Motorcycles:
    My mums Harley Davidson 883. Lol
    Some people take off the clutch side cover and jam the gears with a rag. What I done was held the flywheel with a large set of water pump pliers. What's wrong with yours? I have a 2000 sm610 too with the dellorto carb. While you have the flywheel off check your magnets are secure I had one come loose and it wasn't pretty. Bits of magnet everywhere. Lol
  3. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    There is a tool used to hold the crankshaft still while you're using the puller. "Clutch holder tool."

Most of us use two pennies between the gear teeth of the clutch basket and crankshaft.
    justintendo likes this.
  4. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    if you want the pennies to made from copper they have to be from pre early 80s ;)
    JonXX likes this.
  5. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    Modern zinc pennies are malleable enough that they won't damage the gear teeth, and still hard enough to stop the crank from turning. :)
  6. johnclearysm610 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 sm610
    Other Motorcycles:
    My mums Harley Davidson 883. Lol
    A bit of softwood or cloth jammed in should work too