1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Newbie help Please, '07 TE510

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by jonboat, Jun 23, 2015.

1. jonboat Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki DR650, '78 Yamaha DT400,
    I bought a low milage '07 TE510 about 3-4 years ago. I hardly ride it but when I do I am so glad that I have it. The other day I was going to take it for my annual state safety inspection and I was pushing inwards on the kickstand to try to get the bike to stand up a little staighter, well I broke one of the kickstand bolt tabs off of the frame. I'm pretty sure I will need to have some kind of side stand to pass PA state inspection. Has anyone found a Ricochet swingarm mounted kickstand that will fit a TE510 swingarm?
    One other concern is the smell of coolant that I notice while being around the bike just working on it in the garage, after a ride I smell coolant also. There are no coolant leaks and the fluid level remains consistant. This is my first water cooled motorcycle and I was wondering if the coolant smell is normal?
    I changed the oil in the bike when I got it using the Motul 10w 60 oil that was recommended in my service manual. I only have about 500 easy miles on the oil but I would like to change it again. Would it be OK to switch from the expensive hard to get Motul oil to Rottella synthetic that I use in my other dual sport bikes?
    Please excuse my ignorance about this type of bike. Thanks for any input to my concerns.:cheers:
  2. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX 300 and 2010 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 husqvarna TE 450(sold)
    I went through the same battle re oil....the 10W 60 oil is waaaay too thick. I run a Rekluse with Rotella 0W 40 but also ride up North where temps are under 30 degrees Celcius.
  3. jonboat Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki DR650, '78 Yamaha DT400,
    Thanks for replying, I know everyone hates oil threads. I think I'll use my Rotella T6 5w40 that I keep on hand and save some money. I don't put many hours/miles on my 510 during a year so I'll just have to change the oil once a year (maybe 500 miles would be a good year lol.) . How about the coolant smell, is it a normal thing for watercooled bikes? This is my first watercooled bike and there are no leaks. I'm thinking the smell may be coming from my recovery bottle overflow tube. Thanks again :)
    ripnriding likes this.
  4. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX 300 and 2010 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 husqvarna TE 450(sold)

I get strange smells coming from my ride but I also have a crack in my reservoir bottle and I have a stripped oil recovery line that I managed to grip a few threads and RTV to keep her ALIVE :) I'd say...normal smell and just watch your levels...I used to be a frequent oil change guy like every 5 hrs or less...mainly single track riding but now...I couldn't tell you how long I've gone on this oil hehehehehe...come to think of it...I should change it today!!