New updates for National Hare and Hound!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ajaxauto, Jan 21, 2015.

1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

National Hare and Hound Racing Starts this Weekend!

January 21, 2015

Los Angeles, Ca: Its that time of year again, and the fastest racers in the desert are ready to converge in Lucerne Valley, CA for round one of the Kenda/SRT National Hare and Hound Championship! Make sure that you are here when the banner drops and the Pros of the AMA Hare and Hound series kick off the 2015 racing season! Read on for more details about this weekend's festivities...

[IMG]

As usual our racing action starts with the Kenda/SRT National Youth Hare and Hound Championship and the youngest racers in the west. After a successful round one in the West Hare Scrambles Championship, Erek Kudla and the AMA/NHHA Youth program are back in California expecting a record number of youth riders. Racing action for the kids kicks off at 11am on Saturday the 24th, so make sure that you are in the desert early for Round One. Our 2014 Pee Wee Champ Andrew Schulz has already recorded one overall win this season at Round One of the West Hare Scrambles Championship, and he is ready to do it again this weekend in Lucerne Valley.

[IMG]

The three mile Pee Wee course will be expanded on for race number two which will see the Girls and 65cc divisions on the 7-mile version of the youth course. Our 2014 girls champion Caitlyn Kurtz is already pre-entered and is ready to take another overall victory in the NHHA youth series. With our 2014 65cc Champ Eric Burdell making the jump to the 85cc Jr. Mini class, it is any ones ballgame in the Micro Mini division.

The final race of the day for our Youth Program will see the course expanded out to 9-miles and feature the 85cc machines of the Super Mini, Jr Mini, and new to the series Mini classes. Expect to see some intense racing action here as our 2014 series Champ Jarret Megla has made the move to the 200 A class and left the door open for Utah's Braydon Bland and the rest of the Super Mini class racers. Mason Matthies has stepped up to the new-to-the-series Mini class where he will run his number one plate that he earned in the Jr. Mini class, and Eric Burdell looking to take his first 85cc win back on his home turf of Southern California.

Saturday's festivities continue after dark at 5pm with the 3rd annual "Slow-your-Role" event. A slow "race" with obstacles, spectators and tons of fun! All proceeds benefit the Caselli foundation. All you need is a Helmet and a Bike and you are in!

[IMG]

At 7:30 AMA Supercross will be projected on the big screen to watch with all your desert family.

TTR Racing will also be hosting "Saturday Night Live" with treats, beverages and "food for the soul".

If you come out for all of Saturday's racing action be sure to stick around for the Sunday main event as the fastest desert racers in the world take to the 80-mile Desert MC course for round one of the Kenda/SRT National Hare and Hound Championship. The two loop event will feature a 3-row start, similar to the finale at round 10 in 2014, and the A and B racers will be on the startline together. The banner drops for this one at 9:30 am and Privateer Ricky Brabec is looking to roll his momentum from the 2014 racing season into the new year here with the NHHA.

[IMG]

Brabec wont be the only pro in attendance, however, as we expect to see Factory KTM racers Ivan Ramirez and 2014 WORCS champion Gary Sutherlin on the startline for KTM. Joining them on row one, Purvine's Beta will field a team that includes Nick Burson, Axel Pearson, and Justin Morrow all of which have seen their way onto the podium at past NHHA events.

Factory Husqvarna's Jacob Argubright will sit out this first round, waiting for his broken wrist to heal from round 10 last season. New to the big bike category, Yamaha's Ryan Smith will look to improve on his career best 4th overall in 2014 armed with a new Yamaha YZ450F. Skylar Howes is back on the Blais Racing Services bike, and SRT Offroad's Morgan Crawford will also campaign the series on a KTM.

[IMG]

Racing is expected to be exciting in the NEW FMF Pro 250 class as City Service Paving's Nic Garvin is looking good on his new Husqvarna. Also looking to do work in the 250 class, SRT's Steven Kirk is hoping to run up front in the newly formed class. Local fast guy Chance Whiley is expected to show up this weekend on his new Davis Motorsports Kawasaki KX250F, as well as Blais Racing Service's Ben Meza on a KTM.

Its not all about the boys, here in the NHHA, with three classes of woman slated to race on Sunday. The top three overall woman this weekend will all take home a cash payout courtesy of TBT Racing. 2014 series champion Maggie Pearson is already pre-entered and ready to race on her KTM, but the going wont be easy as our 2014 woman's "B" champ Lacy Todd has bumped up to the A" class. Joining her in the "A" class is Megan Blackburn who is looking to do business on her new Husqvarna.

[IMG]

This weekend will mark the inaugural NHHA Racing ATV Pro Class and 2014 series Champion Colt Brinkerhoff is hoping to take another victory here at round one. Working hard in the off season to help build the new ATV pro class, expect some of the fastest racers to join in the fun here in Lucerne Valley. Expect to see Beau Baron, Danny Prather, Nick Destout, Jeremy Gray, Jose Torres and more challenging Brinkerhoff in the ATV class. The first overall ATV Racer this weekend will take home a cool $100 bonus courtesy of Boyko Racing!

Any way that you shake it, this weekend will be one of the most exciting events in recent history. Make sure that you are here and part of the action as Desert MC presents Round One of the Kenda/SRT National Hare and Hound Championship.

If you are coming to race, you have tons of chances to take something good home!

[IMG]

For starters, all National Hare and Hound events will feature the Zip Ty Startline. That means that the first rider past the banners at the end of the bomb in all starts during the Sunday main event will take home a bottle of Zip Ty Racing XF waterless coolant.

[IMG]

First overall "B" rider here in 2015 at all NHHA events will take home a 707 Suspension
    git card valued at $225.

[IMG]

As was previously mentioned, the top three overall woman will each take home some cash courtesy of TBT Racing! $100 for the win this weekend, $75 for second overall, and $50 for third overall regardless of class.

[IMG]

In addition to the above, all event participants will recieve a $10 Rocky Mountain ATV/MC gift card. Make sure that the NHHA has your accurate mailing address so that you can receive all of these goodies and more from racing NHHA events here in 2015.

If you cant make it this weekend, be sure to follow all of the action live on our Social Media Accounts. If you are confirmed to attend this weekend, we cant wait to see you. First off, take a look at these important points about this weekend's event including details on a fun charity event taking place Saturday evening!

2014 Year End Awards!
    If you did not stick around, or were not present at the finale BUT earned a top 3 in your class for the season the trophies will be available at Sign Up before the racing and at the Podium During the racing. Make sure to stop by and pick your's up so you can hang it on your wall!

Open Saturday 8am-10am Youth, 1pm-4pm adult
    Pro Autograph Signing 4pm-5pm
    Open Sunday 6:45am - 9am Adult

FREE YOUTH RIDING CLINIC - 10AM Saturday with Top 2 National Champions Ricky Brabec and Nick Burson!
    [IMG]

Youth Awards Presentation
    Be sure to stick around after the Youth event for the awards presentation. Your kids will have the chance to take home tons of great give-a-ways from all of our sponsors!

Race mileage
    Loop 1- 40 miles
    Loop 2 - 40 miles

Pits
    Because this event is held on CA BLM property, all pits are required to have a Gas Matt for fueling. In additon, all pits should have a functioning fire extinguisher. If you are here alone, be sure to guest pit with one of the clubs in pit row!

KENDA PREFERED TIRE

At Every Round we will let you know what the Prefered tire from Kenda is and SRT Off-Road will have them available for sale at the event! Not only will they sell you the rubber they will also mount it for you! Kenda has a FULL line of off-road tires, all of which are available in the BOTH 18" and 19" for the rear as well as 21" for the front.

[IMG]

Did you know that the NHHA has already promoted one event this season? In case you missed out, check out all of the action from Round One of the Kenda/SRT West Hare Scramble Championship that took place two weeks ago in Page, AZ. Click the images below to check out our recap videos!

[IMG]
    [IMG]

For all those wishing to reserve series numbers, get pre-prints made, update your rider info

National Hare and Hound - CLICK HERE
    National YOUTH Hare and Hound - CLICK HERE
    West Hare Scramble - CLICK HERE

For those racing BOTH series you can run the same number for BOTH!
    (excluding the Top 10 Pro which will run their earned number for each series)

[IMG]

Make sure to use the NHHA Promo Codes!!

- 10% OFF Zip-Ty Racing Products – NHHA RACER DISCOUNT CODE: NHHA10 -

[IMG]

- 25% OFF AVIK Graphics – NHHA RACER DISCOUNT CODE: NHHA15 – [IMG]

[IMG]

One Kick, One Champion

Will you be there?

Check out www.nationalhareandhound.com If you need any help on race day, come see me near the 100's pits!
  2. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

There you go boys and girls and kids NHHA has something for everyone Enter the Slow Roll Race sat night Like 5 bucks It is about 50 yards long and the slowest you can go and not put a foot down and you finish last you are the winner Can you balance your bike and not move like a trials rider? Then come join the fun
    Norman Foley and LandofMotards like this.
  3. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Thanks for posting that, answered some questions for me. My new rear tire is getting mounted today so looks like I'll be there!
  4. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I believe Mr Ryan Sanders did a great job putting all this info together along with pictures and video After some one looks at all this great info they are really wanting to come be part of the fun
  5. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Where's the ZipTy love?

We actually have as much invested in the H&H's as Kenda and SRT.
    1st, 2nd and 3rd place rider in each class gets a contingency coupon from ZipTy and 1st in each class to the end of the bomb run gets XF2 Coolant bottle.
  6. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Here's a little, thanks to Zip Ty, I got the last few bits I needed for this weekend. Just mounted the numbers. 20150122_220338.jpg
  7. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Are you sure a white background number plate is right for your class?
  8. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yep, that's what they said in the letter. Beginners must run red numbers on a white background and the Desert sticker is clear and made to go over a white background. Besides, those numbers came with my D37 license so I'm hoping that's right. Took me over an hour to apply and trim the background so I wasn't putting them on the plastic and then add the other stickers.

I think Big 6/GP has to have a yellow background.
  9. Excndez Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1975 175gp, 1976 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    14 others from Ural to CT70
    I'll be there. Starting front row Sunday on a 1975 Husky CR360 and going both loops. I got my feet wet, literally, at the Jackrabitts H & H a few weeks ago.

BRAAAP!!
    Tinken, justintendo and Huskynoobee like this.
  10. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Wow, that's takin it old school!
  11. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    That was a blast! Got my first Finisher pin today. Looking forward to more. Thanks to Ajaxauto for inviting me to hang with the 100s and Isldtime for moral and nutritional support. Was gonna wander over to say hey to the Zip Ty guys, but by the time I could walk again, they were gone. Lots of banners to clean up I imagine.

If you are still wavering about getting involved, just go for it. I'm still half sick from a nasty cold and pulled off one loop and even managed to pass a few people finishing in just under 2 slow guy hours.. Big kudos to John and you other folks who did both loops. Unless you're a pro that does nothing but train and practice for these events, it's a true test of man and machine to do 80 miles of that.
  12. Excndez Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1975 175gp, 1976 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    14 others from Ural to CT70
    I finished the first loop without much drama. I gassed up at the pits and started out on loop 2 and disaster struck. A couple of miles in I broke about 2 inches off the rear brake rod. There was no jimmying it back together. I tried to continue on back with no rear brake it was difficult at best. I peeled off and headed back in. NOT happy with a DNF and zero points.

It was fun while it lasted though.
    robertaccio likes this.
  13. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well it's probably better it happened that way. Did you see the last downhill section to the finish line for the second loop? No way to do that puppy with no back brakes.

I'm kinda bummed that the preliminary scoring shows I DNFd too. I stayed on course, didn't miss any checks unless they were hiding in a bush, and even stopped for some poor kid who crashed rather badly on the bomb run. Does this happen often or possibly a scoring fluke that will get cleared up once they have a chance to go through fender cards?

Regardless I'm not givin back my pin for nothin!
  14. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You are seeing the national results that only score the 2 loopers Wait a few days and the regular results will show from dist and you should see you as a finisher Glad you showed and had a good time I have a video from loop 2 to post
    Huskynoobee, isldtime and robertaccio like this.
  15. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks John, that makes sense, plus it was pointed out to me by isldtime that I was scored as a C Sen. Since us 1 loopers don't get national points and the NHHA series doesn't score anything less than 2 loopers thats the deal I guess. I'm not racing for points, but would like to get what I earn. Besides, DMC had a deal that first overall beginners would get a 100% payback! Would be awesome to put my entry fee from round 1 towards round 2. I'm sore, but already getting stoked for the next one!:banana:
  16. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
  17. tmate Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 te 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta 450 rs,ttr125,crf 230, tw200
    Was out there supporting a friend of mines son. His son is racing the series in the peewee class.