New to this Moss subject

Discussion in 'TR650' started by gvnick, Apr 11, 2017.

1. gvnick Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 250SXF
    Ive owned my TR650 for a few months now and its a great bike. It has always had an off idle sputtering problem and recently has been getting much worse (i hear this is normal).

My problem, I have a very techinical off road ride planned this weekend, the bike is going to be a handfull running like this. Is there a quick fix?

I'm ok with buying a power commander for it but that doesnt help me this weekend.

Anything I can do? I'm located in San Diego. Thanks for any help.
  2. Next Strada Demolitionist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    What's your mileage? Have you checked the plugs? My bike only dies just off idle after long rides and then it's only happened a handful of times.
  3. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    I found that on my Strada, it only died off idle after sitting in traffic. On the trail, there was enough throttle movement to keep the ecu from flatlining.

After the Brisk multispark, engine runs much better. Warm the bike a bit before driving, start it, put your gear on and go. That eliminates the stumble from cold. The Brisk Multispark pretty much eliminated the off idle and gave it more response at the 3k bog. (bog gone).
    Next likes this.
  4. gvnick Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 250SXF
    Thanks for the replies. The bike has less than 3000 miles. You make a good point that it doesnt run so bad once you are rolling down the trail. But man its terrible from a stop.
  5. dmw_az Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    500hp Dodge SRT4
    Mine stumbled and died on the test drive in the dealer's parking lot. Had I not done my homework and researched all bikes in this segment, I probably would've walked away. This bike is so much better in other ways than what Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, and BMW have to offer, that a fueling issue that I knew could be overcome more than out-weighed the stumbling. Luckily Dobeck released their EJK specific for this bike only a couple months after purchasing mine, that I didn't have to deal with the stalling for long. It has been perfect for 2+ years with the EJK. I've not needed to touch the plugs or injector.
    PaulC likes this.
  6. sussurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Sprint 1050, Daytona 955i
    That engine is still a pup. Run it in a few more 10k's and it just gets better.
    Mine was the same.
  7. CarstenB Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    agreed. I sometimes wish i could have my old Terra back. At 24k km it was nicely broken in, smooth and without hick-ups. The new one (only 1400km on the clock) is nice and clean but suspension is harsher and engine and gear box still a little rough. Both have the latest firmware, no spoofers and mods except modified air filter and box (Enginia's frame and Unifilter on the new one) and proper adaption resets. They generally behave exactly the same but the new one is a bit rougher overall and still stalls occasionally when cold.