1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

New (To Me) 2011 TC 450 ...

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Moespeeds, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Moespeeds Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha Super Tenere
    After my friends twisting my arm for years, I finally caved and bought a dirtbike. I plan to convert this to a street legal Enduro to hit the trails in the NJ/PA/DE area.

This week I'll fab up a kickstand unless someone can point me to an off the shelf solution. 2 hours of combing the internet brought up nothing.

Ordered a brake/tail light and pressure switch.

Previous owner gave me a vapor dash to install.

Anything I should know and/or check on this thing? I know about the stator bolts. It has about 30 hours on it.

I'd welcome any advice on initial suspension setup, I'm 6'3" 240 lbs, novice on the dirt.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    jimmyc and LandofMotards like this.
  2. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    First thing I would do is tighten that chain. It's way too loose, remember these CTS countershaft bikes maintain the same chain slack all the way through the travel of the suspension regardless of the wheels position.
    The TC's stator on the 449 has the same output wiring to run lights just like the TE's do, Some additional wiring will be necessary though to do that.
    SanLen and LandofMotards like this.
  3. Moespeeds Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha Super Tenere
    How much slack should I have? What are my options for carrying more fuel?
  4. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    There was some giant tank out that required a new seat (IMS I think) and then there was a safari tank that added fuel and sat on the rear fender. Even though it was on the rear fender you didn't need to take it off and refuel, the line went into the tank.
  5. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
  6. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
  7. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    Your chain adjustment should allow about 20mm slack, or about 7/8" of an inch at the most. You don't need any more than that as it stays the same throughout its travel. Rotate the wheel and check it in a few positions.
    The bike you picked up looks really clean.
    I have the TC 449- close ratio 5 spd. engine currently in my BMW G450X. Its very quick through the gears and it will power wheelie in 5th gear with 14/48 gearing, Its tuned with a Power Commander V and Autotune.
  8. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    you probably have a 90 mile range- are you sure you need more fuel? That's a lot of dirt miles.

Take a liter camping bottle of fuel along for your first few trips; I think you'll find you have plenty of range. And actually, purposely run out of gas after filling your tank get a feel for range... which can vary widely with terrain.

good luck.
  9. SanLen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    15 FE 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    06Husaberg FE 650E,08Yamaha WR250X
    I am about to jump the gun on a 2011 TC 449.

As I am totally new about this bike, would anyone know if ECU needs to be updated.

I have a 2013 TR 650 Terra that I just finished having it's ECU remapped by Magneti Marelli. Is it necessary for this model? What should I do once I get the bike?

This thread answered my initial question whether the TC can be lighted!

Thanks everyone!
  10. Moespeeds Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha Super Tenere
    I'm a newer rider, so maybe not the best guy to answer this. I have no issues with flame outs or anything like that, the bike runs great at all rpms and conditions. I had 2 buddies ride it, one coming from a ktm 250 and the other a ktm 300, both experienced, and they both said they loved the engine. Not sure if that helps you, but it's all I got!
    Big Timmy likes this.
  11. SanLen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    15 FE 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    06Husaberg FE 650E,08Yamaha WR250X
    Thanks Moe for the information.

Affirms my good choice in going for the bike.

Thanks again!