New To Husky!

Discussion in 'TR650' started by PMakk01, May 26, 2022.

1. PMakk01 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Recently purchased a 2012 TR650 Terra with about 10k KM on the clock. Looks like it's been well taken care of and had the ECU reprogrammed.

First impressions of the bike, very easy to handle, fuel gauge is backwards, lots of darn torx and lots of great power - I'm upgrading from CRF250 and this is in a whole new level, pretty newbie here.

Couple of question for the community here, I look forward to contributing in time once I get up to speed on these machines.

I'm looking for a clutch level (it's broken about midway) - where's best place to source? Everywhere I turn on the Husqvarna side I come up empty, but I do recognize many of the parts of interchangeable from a BMW GS650 of the same era.

I've seen the whole pod mod setup, not really sure this is up my alley. I just ride pretty normal around the city and feel the bike has so much more on the throttle than I need. Unless there is some benefit for the engine to be able to breathe better, from a longevity standpoint.

Looking for a front windshield that comes up just a little bit, it's quite an exposed ride being up high, and there's lots of wind here in Alberta.

Any big maintenance or first signs I should be looking at? I don't know much about these machines, and pulled the trigger when I saw the analog RPM dial on the dash cycle through when I started it up - so cool! Likely didn't give this the proper one over, but it was just such a cool machine.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Peter
  2. DenGen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    1974 DT250
    I'm also in Alberta. Calgary to be exact. It's a great bike and even better once the ECU has been updated so, you should be good to go. Except for one thing. Definitely look into doing the pod mod or getting the other mod done, which involves a printed pattern. It's in here some where and search should get you there. The only issue I've had is the bike is tire fussy and if not properly balanced, or an aggressive knobby is on the front, you may get head shake at higher speeds. Enjoy the bike and we'll talk on the road should you ever see another Terra out there.
  3. PMakk01 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Hello! Nice to meet you, I too am in Calgary. We should meet up and you can give me a run through of some of the pain points. :)

Peter
  4. DenGen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    1974 DT250
    Sounds like a good idea.
  5. Pchap00 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Just bought a tr650 as well. Living in Washington.
  6. DenGen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    1974 DT250
    Best bet would be to join up for a ride, maybe?
  7. PMakk01 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Definitely! How do we get in touch?

Hopefully I’m not spammed but here’s my name. Peter Makkai look me up on fb.

Peter