1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC New to CafeHusky and new to Husky

Discussion in '4st' started by smv ryder, Aug 23, 2016.

1. smv ryder Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM300SXF KX250 KX100 Honda EZ90CUB
    I just purchased a 10hr 2015 FC 350 from Munn racing and I am loving it very much well besides those pesky 4CS forks. I raced/trail rode a KTM 300sxf set up for harescambles and a KX250 set up for harescambles but after one ride on the Husky I sold both bikes. I race the WEBE, CORCS and RMEC racing series's in Colorado so this will be my race bike.Stoked on this Forum, I am member of ThumperTalk, KTMTALK, and VitalMX.

So a little about the FC, she came equipped with the Racetech g2R valve, sprung for 200lbs and for set up for moto which will not work for my application. FMF 4.1 slip on CF tip/ Ti model with a sparky so that's nice. Works connection hole shot device that will be removed and given to a local pro.

My build list should make the FC work well up here in the Colorado high country and race day... Well I hope so, I live at 8600k ASL, ride much higher elevations and most races are over 5k ASL.
    The take off parts from my KTM was ARC memlon clutch/brake levers and my Honda HSPD steering stabilizer. I ran the stabilizer with stock internals on the KTM but in the Husky I am doing an off road revalve with a Racetech gold valve. I am pretty excited to see the results because I was happy with the stock internals.

Start with suspension:
    Munn racing said it had the G2R valve but could not confirm if the forks had the gold valve for rebound. So my Racetech service center Motovate racing/mechanic in Rifle, Colorado will be checking and if the rebound gold valve is not installed it will be installed. Since I weigh between 215lbs and 220lbs we will be installing new Racetech springs. I will be also installing the low speed control from Racetech. I am going to start with the full tilt Racetech OC fork conversion and if I don't like will be calling ProTune for the SSS conversion or see if my mechanic will do the conversion.
    Going with a tusk light weight li pro battery and charger. I am hoping to save a couple lbs, a couple bucks being the Tusk model and a new battery for piece of mind in the back country. Also purchased one of those light weight jumper packs.
    Stock pegs are fine but I opted for the Fastway EVO air in black, I liked the adjustability of them, and I think they are smidge lighter even though a bigger peg than stock.
    I have become quite a fan of the Polisport extra protection plastic skid plate, it worked awesome on my KTM, light weight and does not make a sound unlike the Aluminum skid plate.
    The stock seat cover is ok.. So I got the Guts racing husky seat cover in black.
    I actually really like the stock Husky grips but I have Emig racing lock grips waiting for install.
    The stock gearing will not cut the mustard for the high country so I am going to start with a 13th counter sprocket and see if I need to go to a 51/52 rear.
    For hand gaurds I use the Acerbis force, they work great and not spendy if you waste one.
    2stroke air filter cage is always installed so I bought an OEM TC cage, fits perfect and cheaper than kits out there.
    A little bling, a husky blue oil cap, black swing arm guards and changing out those awful yellow fork gaurds to white.
    I am so stoked for this bike!!!
    Only hand gaurds, skid plate and air filter screen is done. Just a big ass box of parts and a little garage time she will done!!
    Thanks for looking!
    Daryl

Attached Files:

reveille, shawbagga and pahusky like this.
  2. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Welcome, looks very nice congrats and enjoy...
    smv ryder likes this.
  3. smv ryder Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thank you very much! I am very excited to get the suspension dialed in and all the bits installed.
  4. smv ryder Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    Got the bike down to my Suspension guy/Mechanic Motovate racing tonight to start on the suspension. Not super bummed but the bike did not come with the G2-R compression gold valve, it's just the standard type 3 gold valve. But the good news to my surprise it came with the lasted edition of gold valve rebound kit. So it's basically a break even, I was going to buy the rebound/'mid valve kit and it was there already but thought it had the G2-R compression kit and will have to buy that.
    Going with .48 forks springs per Racetech, .46 were installed.
    The shock will also be getting a new spring as well, 6.0. I wasn't going to go with a goldvalve in the shock but tonight I said WTF and said yes to it! I really loved my full gold valve set up on my KTM so I think should be great set up as well on the Husky.
    Also purchased a Hinson black clutch cover for some silly reason, well my reason is how poorly the powder coat/paint holds up on the stock one. I know they are dirt bikes but it looks like poo to me so I changed it out, also yes the Hinson cover will look the same sooner than later but hoping it takes a bit longer.

Attached Files:

5. smv ryder Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    Some pics from the revalve

Attached Files:

6. smv ryder Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    A few more

Attached Files:

7. smv ryder Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    Choosing a rear disk gaurd.. The 7602racing seems awesome and local to Colorado
    Trying to decide if I should run there front disk gaurd as well, I have never ran one in the past
    http://www.7602racing.com/category-s/112.htm
    LandofMotards likes this.
  8. smv ryder Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    A little bling arrived

Attached Files:

9. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
  10. smv ryder Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thank you
    I'm dragging through rocks every ride.
    Zip TY is a very legit company for sure. You have scattered my brain...
    I so love to support the up and coming moto companies, especially local Colorado companies. 7602 racing is local, his testing is in the Colorado high county to make there parts worthy of the punishment to sell.
    I have used the damn Tusk rear disk gaurds on every other bike and they killed it. So I am just giving 7602 racing the awesome high five for me spending double on a part..
    oldbikedude, Big Timmy and Colo moto like this.
  11. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com

Thank you for your business. It is very much appreciated.

I know it can be hard to pay nearly double for a product vs one made in China. I'm as much of a deal seeker as the next guy but I'll buy local and made in USA every time given the chance. I look at like this. If I buy a local product then that company can afford to pay their employees. Employees then have some $$ to spend. Maybe they choose to buy a set of disc guards from us for their Husky. Buy local and there is a chance some of your hard earned money makes it's way back to you. Buy made in China and your money goes to china and stays there.
  12. smv ryder Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:

I hope you picked up on a little sarcasm.. I am very excited for your product 'merica made is the best and can't wait for the product
    Your product seems far better than anything out there and wayy cheaper than Zip-ty. can't wait and back in Aspen.. Calling you in the morning to pray I can get them before the race weekend in GJ..

thank you my man
    Big Timmy likes this.
  13. smv ryder Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    also thank you for responding to me while in Mexico.. huge props
  14. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    No problem. That's what the ol interweb is for.
  15. smv ryder Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    Today was my first "real" ride on the bike.. All I can say is I am so dang happy and stoked on this bike.
    Power is perfect, actually has a decent amount of bottom end.
    I really thought the switch to a 13th CS would add a lot of snap but not so much. Nice but not too much and very happy.
    ARC levers are perfect like always.
    Very happy like always with the polisport plastic skid plate, actually fits better and more tight to the motor than my previous one on the KTM.
    The 24mm Showa HSPD steering stabilizer revlaved for Off-road by Motovate racing with the Racetech gold valve is awesome! Possibly one of the best add ons
    Motovate Racing did an epic job on the suspension! The Racetech gold valve fix is no joke and so legit. The forks were soooo bad stock and now butter on a hot roll. I say all that knowing that the Ray kit from Dal Soggio is coming in the mail.
    http://www.dalsoggiorace.com/engproductsray.html#settore
    We are going to test both set ups back to back a lot! I like to test, my suspension guy likes to try new stuff, and love to experiment with new stuff.
    The rear shock with the Racetech gold valve felt very good with no complaints
    The bling was small.. White fork guards, black swing arm guards, And Hinson clutch cover.
    Parts left to install is fastway EVO air pegs,black guts seat cover, and Tusk lifo light weight battery

Attached Files:

LandofMotards and Colo moto like this.
  16. smv ryder Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    Last pic is with my momma from Alaska

Attached Files:

dartyppyt and Colo moto like this.
  17. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Interested in what you have to say about the fastway air pegs.
  18. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Been running them for a couple of year and love them. Tough as nails and I like the low position for the lanky legs I'm sportin...
    smv ryder and LandofMotards like this.
  19. smv ryder Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hopefully going on today! Testing tomorrow around Taylor park.
    Low position is what I am trying first.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  20. smv ryder Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hope the tough as nails part is right :)
    I am pretty excited to try them out.