1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

New to all things Husky!

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by blondeamazonian, Mar 25, 2015.

1. blondeamazonian Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TC-450
    Hi everyone, I hope I'm posting this in the right place, this is my first forum post.... I just bought a 2004 TC-450 (coolest thing ever!) I'm hoping that you guys can connect me with some tried and true Husky resources. Does anyone have a good SoCal Husky dealer to work with, or any good online options for parts? I would love to find somewhere I can go in person, but it seems like there aren't a ton of Husky dealers in my area, at least that carry parts for the "older" models like mine.

A a random sidebar... Can anyone recommend a nice aftermarket kickstand for that bike? Ain't nobody got time for triangle stands.

Thanks in advance! -Cassie
  2. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Call Bills Motorcycles Plus or Halls Cycles. Odds are you're wasting your time calling anyone else for parts.

Congrats on the new bike
  3. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    First, download your factory manual and parts list here:

http://www.husqvarnafactory.nl/pdf/2004.htm

I live in So Cal too and its easier to use Bills or Halls. There are some Husky dealers that can order stuff and on occasion have parts on hand but it's hit and miss. Some dealers aren't interested in supporting the older bikes.

Welcome to the forum Cassie, you've found the right place.
  4. blondeamazonian Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TC-450
    Thank you so much for the recommendations! Those manuals are so helpful, I actually found them the other day, wanting to check the oil in the bike. The only dealer I knew of until now was 3Bros Racing, which is great if I lived any closer to Costa Mesa! My only fear buying a husky was being able to get parts, but that's seeming more doable. I'm going to give Bills or Halls a call today, and probably again soon when I get my tax return! Thank you again!
  5. firerider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Harley Road Glide
    Not sure where you are in So Cal but Malcolm Smith Motorsports in Riverside is a Husky dealer. One of the shop mechanics there (Wayne Martin) was Malcolm's personal mechanic for a while. I think they are a good resource for answering questions but you can just as easily order parts for yourself through Hall's. I also recently discovered that the North American headquarters for KTM/Husqvarna is in Murrieta, CA. I was thinking of stopping by there just to see how dedicated they are to customer service for older Huskys.
  6. blondeamazonian Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TC-450
    I'm out in Santa Clarita, so Riverside is still a bit of a trek, as far as my internet shopping has discovered there aren't many options. And of the places I talked to before I bought a Husky, no one had been dealing husky parts long enough to have parts for a 2004. I was going to call Bills for the parts I need now, but I need my more mechanically inclined cohorts to tell me exactly what I need (I have a lot to learn, and I'm the first to admit it!) But it would be great to have major recourses like that out here. A bit part of why I joined this forum is that I don't know anyone at all with a Husky. And now that I have one, I'm not sure why I don't see more of them. It's awesome. :) Thank you for the help!
  7. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    We have Jet World here in Castaic. I've never tried him for parts, but he just added Husky to his floor last year. Heck of a nice guy. Bought my bike at MS, but it's indeed a long trek from the SCV. By the way, now you know somebody in town with a Husky.
  8. blondeamazonian Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TC-450
    JetWorld has come up a few times, do you think they would carry parts for a 2004. I've heard really good things about them, I really want Ken and Joes in Saugus(ish) to carry Husky parts. I was in there trying to talk them into it a while ago. I don't actually live there, but I'm super familiar with Castaic. (It's where my boyfriend -read: mechanic-lives.)