New thread to share Strada custom looks/mods/idea's - post up!

Discussion in 'TR650' started by HB Strada, Dec 2, 2015.

1. HB Strada Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Buell XB9SX/Specialized Exp Evo
    Greetings Riders!

Haven't been on here in a while, but since the Strada is now my daily driver I have a new found interest in keeping her fresh and showing her off. Upon quick glance at the forum, I don't see anything recent where we are sharing pictures of our minor and major mods that we are proud of. Please post your work here and show how you are keeping this brilliant bike unique in your own way, Terra's are welcome too!

(I'm also looking for your idea's on the best means to paint/coat the rims black)

2013 Strada, purchased new from 3 Brothers in Newport Beach, CA: Speedmetal mirrors, Bestem cargo box, 650 sticker removal, plasti-dip project on headlight fairing (thoughts?), lazy guy USB mod...

mod... StradaTrooper.jpg Storm trooper 2.jpg 2015-11-30 22.46.40.jpg 2015-11-30 22.46.27.jpg
    LED likes this.
  2. DeLewis Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Nice look! I've been trying out different combinations as well. This is the current setup... image.jpeg
    delaCrazy, rride, HB Strada and 5 others like this.
  3. drzcharlie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Fayetteville, Arkansas with my Redheaded Mistress
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Burgman 650 (The Barcolounger)
    I really like that one, Delewis. Did you paint the side panels or plastidip them?
  4. hasenpfeffer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    If he started with a strada, then they started black from the factory. Looks good! Once you go bl...
  5. HB Strada Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Does anyone have any photos of the Strada with black coated wheels?
  6. Cyntax Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra, 900R Nuda
    Other Motorcycles:
    MG V50 NATO III

It will kinda look like this:
    [IMG]
    HB Strada likes this.
  7. DeLewis Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Hi Charlie, yes it's a Strada with the high fender - no paint applied.

Viktor
  8. cmcmullin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Terra 650
    I will throw mine in there. Dont really know whether it belongs in the Terra or Strada thread! Purchased from Mtn. Motorsports in Ontario, CA.
    IMG_3479.JPG
    dolphinhq, morton750, PaulC and 6 others like this.
  9. cmcmullin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Terra 650

I like the black asymmetrical headlight shroud!
  10. nycrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Dorsoduro 750, Suzuki DR650
    She looks good in black, so don't hesitate

[IMG]
    rride, Moff69, HB Strada and 2 others like this.
  11. nycrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:

Yours is probably the best looking tr650 I've seen. Think about putting some black cans on her.
  12. HB Strada Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for the photoshop Cyntax!!!

These bikes all look excellent.

NYCRIDER - where do I find a chain like that and how much to expect to pay?
  13. nycrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
  14. Mike Friend Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Hi HB Strada,

I've posted photos of my modified Strada before, I continue to tweak the bike. It's raining again, so I'm looking for more to do this winter! Most recently, I fabricated a pair of bracing struts for the original rear fender out of stainless steel tubing. I got tired of the stub tail look with the R&G fender eliminator. It is now good and stiff, doubt I will have any cracking problems as many owners have. I also got rid of the heavy license plate holder and fabricated myself a lightweight one out of sheet aluminum. I like the red side panels more, so swapped back to those this summer.

Husky December 2015.jpg Husky tail brace side view.jpg Husky tail brace.jpg Husky damper.jpg

For those who have installed a steering damper, if you experience a low speed weave, try loosening off the torque on the bolt shown in the photo. It eliminated the problem on my bike.
    Moff69 likes this.
  15. Mike Friend Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Forgot to mention - It's easy to clean up the messy looking right side of the motor. I relocated the voltage regulator to the bash plate and re-routed the long section of wiring harness hiding under the cover.
    Husky right side closeup.jpg
  16. glitch_oz Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada
  17. speedo Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Hey like the wheels you have, is that a 3.50 17 front? I'm thinking of doing the same to mine, did you lace original hubs or get new ones. I have been quoted over 2k for a set of wheels in Oz, 3.50x17 front 4.50x17 rear, way too exxy for me! I want to do some track days, 21 front just doesn't have the side grip.
  18. cmcmullin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Terra 650
    Thanks. They are actually 3.50x17 front and 4.25x17 rear. Unfortunately $2k is actually about right for NEW hubs, wheels, spokes, etc. Hubs themselves are over $400/each! I was able to find USED hubs off eBay for around $75/each and laced them to new Excel rims, spokes, etc. After powdercoating everything black of course. Most BMW GS 650 hubs will work and they are very common online. Saved nearly $1k and with a couple of enduro tires was able to keep my stock setup for the dirt. Again, after powdercoating everything black! If price is the main concern the other route would be to find USED Strada wheels on eBay, generally for under $400/each and powdercoat them. With a set of Michelin PR4s I am sure the grip would be just as outstanding as the 17" setup, just wouldn't have the same look. Hope that answers it! Thanks.
  19. cmcmullin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Terra 650
    Im done! I think... Strada front fender installed on my 2014 Husqvarna Terra. However, I need some help. I tried ordering all the necessary parts but am missing the support for the right side. If you look at photos of the stock Strada there is an aluminum support coming from the bottom of the fork that attaches to the back plastic support on the new fender. I tried the dealer and looked at all the parts catalogs. It doesnt appear there is a part number for the support. My question to Strada owners, is this a separate piece or integral to the bottom of the right fork? My last option may be to fabricate my own, which has been done by another subscriber and looks pretty good! Please let me know. Thanks.

Husky RT New Fender.jpg
    Strada Fender.jpg
    Coltx, PaulC and DeLewis like this.
  20. JBrown Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    I just went and took a look. It is part of the fork.