New TE610 owner with questions....

Discussion in '610/630' started by jst1970, Aug 23, 2016.

1. jst1970 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE610
    Hey Gang - new to the Husky stuff, bought a TE610 2007. Have a few questions. See pics.

First: I got two sets of wheels with it. The street tires came with some adapters (had the dirt wheels on when i bought) but when i put them on they didnt work, but the ones that were on the dirt tires did. Previous owner told me he used both sets, but starting to doubt some of the things he said.

Second: This Cyclops headlight - any good? the wiring that was done was marginal at best and just wanted to know if I am better off putting the stock one back on or keeping this?

Third: Pipe - the pipe and a couple other parts on the bike are from UP something or other, are the parts good stuff or just a china company? Again, should i go back to stock. I have most stock parts. (i think)

Lastly: the idle (has a carb) seems fine once warm but I have to run this thing on the choke for a good 5 minutes first before the idle is fast enough off choke. normal for this bike? thanks all and excited to learn about these bikes!

Attached Files:

2. rickcj7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    You need to use correct spacers to switch wheel sets.
    If it's Uptite good parts.
    Yes you need to warm it up.
  3. jst1970 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE610
    thanks for the reply Rick. yes UpTite is the part name and thanks for the info. Slowly learning the ins and outs here of this bike. (been Japanese bikes my entire life until this buy) Using Halls for parts - they seem really cool, is that the best go to guys for parts?
  4. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Yes, Uptite pipe. The best.

You may need a small adjustment on carb idle circuit.

I still want one of these.
  5. Oklahoma Rider Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 te 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Cyclops headlight is a very big improvement over stock. Don't bother putting the stocker back on, they are awful.
  6. jst1970 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE610
    Thanks for all the info. Lastly what is the expected resale value range? thanks again!
  7. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Should be a desirable bike in the future. Solid engine and carb. George (Uptite) really liked these bikes