New TE 630 owner - filter cleaning question

Discussion in '610/630' started by Jonathan Nickel, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Jonathan Nickel Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Hi All,
    I bought a te 630 with 2000 miles on it and changed the oil and filter, following the online shop manual.
    Two issues came up with cleaning the filters on the left side of the engine:
    1) It seems that the orientation of the filter #9 is reversed in the diagram on page D12. I put it back the way I thought it should go.
    2) Filter #10 was extremely difficult to remove. It seemed like its diameter was larger than the opening I had to pull it out of. I ended up getting a hold on it with some needle nose pliers, bending in the mesh a little, and twisting it out. I reshaped it and barely managed to get it back in there after cleaning it. Is this a common experience? In the "15 minute Husky oil change" video I watched, this screen just slid right out. Could mine be the wrong size?
    Anyway, the bike is shifting a lot better after the oil change and going into neutral much easier than it was before.
    Thanks!
    Jonathan
  2. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Here you go- we've been through this (on filter tube orientation):

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/630-oil-screen-tube-orientation-q.19330/

Now on needle-nosing it out...dunno...probably didn't need to do that. Yes- it's very tight (like O.D. Of outer screen is close to equaling the I.D. of opening) but, what works for me, is to stick a finger snugly in the tube and gently jiggle until the end of the tube clears the opening and comes out. Takes a little jiggling but it should clear fine, but it is annoying.