1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC new sm701 owner, few questions...

Discussion in '4st' started by MotAd, Sep 16, 2018.

1. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    hey fellas. well around a month has passed since i sold the 610 and 310 and i was missing them so much i went and bought a sm701! wasn't planning too but got a pretty good deal (i think) so seemed silly not to! bike is coming with the akrapovic exhaust, airbox and engine map to suit.

i have a few questions whilst i'm waiting for the bike to be made ready by the shop...

– how do you fellas lift the front end for bleeding air from forks? as there's no frame under the engine i'm assuming you can't use a dirt bike stand?
    – crash protection, what's necessary? i'm thinking a simple skid plate, engine case covers and axle sliders...

think that's it for now. anyone with any other input please post up!
  2. Todd157k Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 701 Enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GTL
    Question #2 solves question #1. If you ask around (here or on advrider) you can usually get someone with a 701E to give you the factory skid plate. It's plastic but strong enough to raise the bike on a dirt bike stand or trans jack. Secondly, there are caps available to bleed off fork air. When looking for farkles for your bike, always search the 690 stuff too. Most everything is for both bikes.
    Congrats and have fun!
    MotAd likes this.
  3. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    Hey thanks dude. Yeah I’ve since learned the plastic skid plate is fine to lift the bike on so went ahead and bought one due to impatience! Yeah will get some speed bleeders for the forks so that’s all good. Thanks for the reply man. Was starting to think the KTM huskies weren’t getting any love! Haha
  4. Scott Howard Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350s, 701 enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    650 V-strom, Beta 300RR
    Oh they’re getting lots of love all right... we’re too busy riding to answer questions lol

If I’d seen this sooner I could have offered you my OEM skid plate, I replaced it with an Emporer aluminum unit. Looks like you are set up now.
    MotAd likes this.
  5. MotAd Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM701
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Triumph Daytona 675
    Ah thanks mate, yeah I’m all sorted. And the forks on the SM don’t have bleed valves on them so that’s that too!

What a bike! Did the run in the weekend just gone and don’t think I’ve ever had so much fun on a motorcycle!