1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

New member with TXC511 Questions

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Xandrespop, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Xandrespop Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Husqvarna TXC-511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 Husqvarna CR125/144
    Hello folks!
    Need a bit of advice on.. Power commander Mk5 for my '11' TXC511. After reading around the threads it looks like they can be a PIA to fiddle with, and as a person with little computer skills I don't want to install a $400.00 kill switch on my Toy!
    I like the features of this Mk5, and simply want to plug it in select a map and ride off into the Az desert. The One Shown on Zip Ty indicates it comes pre-programmed w/Husky race maps.
    I have the usual mods, Akropovic Slip on, ECU remapped with jumper, and the Sniffer pugged. I
    I am hoping to install the Power commander and really wake this bike up!

I really want to do business with Zip Ty, as their PC mk5 sounds like the ticket, But emails are getting sent back with errors and postal fails... I did mention I have little computer skills I think!

Let me hear what you guys have done with your 511's
  2. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Not sure who you are emailing, you can always give us a call. I do all of the PCV programming, you are welcome to ask questions. The pcv is not hard to use, pretty straight forward. If you purchase from us, I will need to know which mods you have added to load the appropriate map.

You should take a look at my thread here:
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/zi...powercommander-5-race-maps.33459/#post-315951

You may also ask questions there. :)
  3. Xandrespop Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Husqvarna TXC-511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 Husqvarna CR125/144
    Ok cool! I looked that over and it is very informative.

I have a 2011 TXc 511.
    Akropovic pipe (slip on) with Spark arrester
    O2 sniffer is plugged
    EFI has been jumped to race map. Everything else is stock.

Only main issue is the bike will hang the idle a bit after warm up. I have adjusted the air Bypass I bit and its less noticeable but still there .At this point not a danger just a PIA.I would like to see it gone

Looking for noticeable power gains without effecting reliability. So far Flame outs have not been any problem at all.
  4. teuchter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC449 2011
    Other Motorcycles:
    ZX6R track bike
    Hey. The TXC community is smaller than the TE community and there are some minor differences between the bikes. Unfortunately the TXC can't be uploaded with Map 3 since apparently the ECUs are locked so your PCV purchase is appropriate. I would get the autotune for the PCV.

Next thing I would do is change gear ratio to -1/+2 (14/53) if you're riding primarily offroad. This changes the snap/torque considerably and is the best sub $100 investment I've made in my bike. I think a lot of people jump off jap dirt bikes with huge back sprockets on to a TE/TXC and think the snap is lacking purely because the gear ratio is quite different on the stock husky.

I honestly don't think the TXC needs the throttle butterfly removed if you're thinking about it. I pulled mine and the only notable difference was that hot starting is much more difficult. It'll be going back in when I get around to it.

I have the Bazzaz tuner with AFAM auto tune on mine. It wants to constantly make my fuelling richer though my sensor is placed close to my muffler inlet so I think it may be seeing air when I'm off the gas. I'll be placing the sensor closer to the front of the header near the original position, advise you to do the same if you get an autotune.

Living in Tucson I assume you're riding trails. It's worth winding the front end compression damping almost all the way soft or the closed cartridge forks these bikes can deflect like a pogo stick. The way they're set up stock is intended for soaking up jumps. I'm getting ready to revalve mine, will let you know how it goes.

Also you'll want to put 4mm of racetech spacers in your shock to make the front end less twitchy, a well known phenomenon in the '11 bikes. Husqvarna apparently changed the frame geometry or shock length stock from '12 onward.
    Tinken and Xandrespop like this.
  5. Xandrespop Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Husqvarna TXC-511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 Husqvarna CR125/144
    Thanks this is all Gold!
  6. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Actually they did both. We were the factory racing team at that time and we told Husqvarna to change the geometry of the 449/511. Our modifications included squashing the frame down 7mm and reducing the swing arm angle by lengthening the middle transfer lever. Adding spacers to the rear shock will essentially give you similar results at the cost of travel. If you ride in sandy locations, it might be helpful to perform both mods for high speed stability. Plus the fork angle on the 449/511's is much steeper than the original angle on the BMW's, so one size stiffer spring on the front end yields slightly less dive. I could go on, but I will leave it at that.

We do have hot start buttons coming for the 449/511s which will mount on the handle bars and provide a faster fire up while hot. Here is a link to many of the accessories we carry for the 449/511's.

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/zipty-449-511-accessory-map.43462/

Our TXC511, Nick Burson #1.

[IMG]
  7. teuchter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC449 2011
    Other Motorcycles:
    ZX6R track bike
  8. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Because 48mm Marzocchi Shivers are top of the line.
  9. dannydowell Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husky TXC 511.
    Other Motorcycles:
    92 WXC 610 and a 2001 TE 400
    i put 2.5 weight oil in my forks....inner and dropped the outter 5 wight about 30ml on each. WOW! i ride in Arkansas , S Missouri and Colorado. no deflection now.
  10. dannydowell Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husky TXC 511.
    Other Motorcycles:
    92 WXC 610 and a 2001 TE 400
    mines a 2012 with kyb forks. will work on Marzochii also. did it to my 2001 TE 400
  11. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    They aren't well liked by tuners over here in Aus.
    I know very little about them personally, but most bikes that had them fitted as factory get poor views here.

What is it that you rate most about them?
  12. Xandrespop Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Husqvarna TXC-511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 Husqvarna CR125/144
    If I were competing I would get deeper into the suspension,So far my only mod is springs front and back, I weigh 199-205. I do not leave the ground often, I like the two feet up powerslides through the desert!!!
  13. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    They tune exactly the same as KYB, in fact you can put the shiver cartridges inside of kyb tubes without conversion. But shivers are lighter, smoother, react better at high speed and you can set your preload without opening the fork.
    Dangermouse449 likes this.
  14. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Have you guys fit the red forks on the new bikes yet?
  15. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Yes. We make a lower adapter that allows us to remove the 4CS cartridges and replace with 48mm Shivers. We don't use 4CS on our race bikes.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  16. 9880sts Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    GAS GAS EC 300 2006
    Well DAvid, thats a Australian review or talk here that Marzzochi is not really worth much overall. I find that here too. If you don't have KYB or WP here , better don't even talk about , because its already crap in most Aussies opinions....
    Thats all driven by the KTM and couple other brands here.
    I was out on a ride, we had two nice Betas with us and every one complained about the Forks and Shock even they didnt had a go on them...
  17. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Everything ive read its a love/hate thing. After getting them done everyone seems to love them.