1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

New member with his first Husky!

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Force10, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Force10 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 CRF250R
    Hello All!

First let me say what a great site this is...I did a lot of reading here when I was thinking about
    getting a Husky. I was really hoping to buy a used 07-09 TC 250 but they don't come up that often here in the states. I ended up getting a low hour 05 TC 250 that still had the original tires on it.

I wish it would stop raining so I can get it in the dirt and try it out! Here's some pics:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

I put some new Bridgestone Battlecross x30's on front and rear.

Thanks for looking :cheers:
  2. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Looks like she just came out of the box. Happy riding.
  3. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    Nice find. I noticed in the picture of the engine, the previous owner used a good amount of silicone on the valve cover gasket. When you check the valve clearances, it would be a good idea to remove the old stuff and reapply a very thin layer so it doesn't get inside the engine. You should enjoy the hell out of that bike. :thumbsup:
  4. PaulD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr250( sold)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Sprint RS. Honda TRX300EX Be
    Nice find. She's immaculate! Good luck with it
  5. Force10 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 CRF250R
    Thanks for the kudos guys :thumbsup:

268fords: Are talking about the 2nd pic that shows the big round black spot from under the valve cover? All the pics of this model I've seen show this as part of the gasket. Looking at the parts fiche also shows the two round black areas as part of the gasket on that one side.

Apologies if that's not what you were talking about.

:)
  6. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    IMG_0026.PNG that's the photo I'm talking about. If you look closely, under the the rounded part of the gasket, there is a good amount of silicone that has splooged out. IMG_0027.JPG Here is what mine looks like. You can see that there isn't extra material below the rounded gasket.
  7. Force10 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 CRF250R
    Got it. So if I were to buy a new gasket for when I want to check clearances...I should not put any RTV or similar on it...correct? He just did that because the gasket was in rough shape and he didn't want to put a new one on?

Thanks for the heads up!
  8. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    You can still put some silicone on there. Just be sure to use it sparingly.
  9. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That gasket is made to be reused without needing silicone, you can probably peel off the excess and reinstall.
  10. Force10 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 CRF250R
    If there is a moderator reading this...can I please be given full membership? Waiting a few days for posts to be approved could be the difference between riding and not riding on the weekend when I have an issue. Currently chasing an ignition/spark issue and the quicker I can get feedback the better.
    I'm an Admin/Moderator at a forum myself with 35,000 members so I know proper forum etiquette and would think I have proven I'm not a spammer.

Thanks!
  11. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Man that's clean! Average looking muffler on them though but I'm just being picky ;)
  12. gsxrbee Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250 R `13
    The silicon you're talking about were applied in italy, when building the engine.

The bike is nearly brand new!!! I liked yellow huskys soooo much!!!
  13. Force10 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 CRF250R
    Thanks Guys!
    She does look pretty nice...but beauty's only skin deep. It's not currently running...no spark! :banghead:

It was working fine when I bought it...so I don't know if I did something that caused this issue but I don't have too much time at the moment to chase down an ignition issue. Here's what I have done to it since I bought it on the 18th:

Changed tires front and rear
    Put on new brake pads and cleaned up pistons and took off front master cyclinder and cleaned it. Reverse bled and all good.
    The battery in the bike was a cheap one so I replaced it with a Shorai LFX Battery. It cranks better and seems fine. (cleaned terminals...etc.)
    Bought a new air filter...oiled it and put it in. The backfire screen was clapped and hindered me putting the filter in so I pulled it for now.
    I changed the oil and put in Motul 7100 4t 10w-60. I also put in a new NGK CR8EB spark plug (what the manual calls for).

My plan was to get it ready for the decent weather this weekend and get it dirty for the first time. Looks like I'm going to have to be patient. :censored:
  14. gsxrbee Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250 R `13
    If you changed spark plug, maybe the foul is near there....
  15. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I would check the fuses too.
  16. Force10 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 CRF250R
    Thanks guys.

I did check the fuses and they seem ok.
  17. Force10 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 CRF250R
    Just an update: It ended up being the stator...just my luck that it went out 1 week after I bought it and only rode it up and down my street a couple times!
  18. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Leave the screen in front of the air filter out.
    Get an Iridium spark plug-helps fire up more quickly-seem to be more fuel efficient as well.
    Put some 2 stroke oil in with your fuel <200:1. This does 3 key things: 1, cushions valves in their seats, 2, gives top end and top ring a tad more lube & 3, will assist with keeping the fuel fresh in the tank.
    Been doing oit for about 2 years-never fouls plugs (esp Iridiums).

Cheers.
  19. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250 returned home.
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 TE 450 2005 TE 450 1999 CR 125
    For the stator options seem to be get yours rewound. They were available oem from husqvarna as i needed one for 05 te 450 maybe best to try halls. There is also electrex world.com and hpi ignitions in Belgium. hope this helps some what
  20. Force10 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2005 TC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 CRF250R
    I already got the stator and have it in and it's running good! I got the stator from HuskyMoto in the UK. Here's a link:

http://huskymoto.co.uk

I got the stator and flywheel for $203 US. New OEM part. After VAT and shipping it came out to about $275 total. Still way cheaper than a lot of other places...ordered it on Monday and it was at my door on Friday in California.

I would use them again for sure!
    NCSteve likes this.