1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc new member seeking info

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Dan Zankowitz, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Dan Zankowitz Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx250f
    Hello everyone. This is my first post and would like to say hi to all fellow members. I'm new to dirtbike riding, but really its starting an addiction !
    Where the heck do you guys get your parts and aftermarket parts for 2008 cr125's at? I need a new cylinder(just put in a new piston and compression is still low, about 60psi)
    Is there a used marketplace on this site? Sorry I'm not very computer savy
  2. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    Classifieds are all the way down at the bottom. Halls Cycle in IL is a great place for new parts.

Did you measure your cylinder before you put a piston in it? Was the plating ok?

Also your current cylinder can be bored out to 144cc or 165cc bores if you can't find a replacement. There is a 125 cylinder on ebay right now fyi.
  3. Dan Zankowitz Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx250f
    Great info ! Thanks!
    It was my first rebuild and I just watched a few Youtube videos so I did not measure anything. I do think that the cylinder could be kinda egged out. The front and back of the cylinder sort of had a little bit of a wear so I guess maybe I could find somewhere local to have it replated.
    After I put it all back together my dad asked me if I checked the ring gap before I installed the piston and I didn't do that either.
    I just looked up that jug on ebay but that thing looks different than mine. Mine is and 08. Maybe that one is an earlier model?
  4. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    There's a bunch of places you can send your cylinder and piston to, probably cheaper than new. Post a wanted ad here and keep an eye on ebay. Halls and Bills in OR are great sources for parts and info.
    You can see part #s with pictures! here: http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/oem-parts/husqvarna

:cheers:
  5. Dan Zankowitz Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx250f
    Awesome, thanks !
  6. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    how are you getting the compression reading? you should be kicking with the throttle wide open, until the needle quits climbing
  7. Dan Zankowitz Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx250f
    I was kicking with the throttle wide open but was only kicking one to two times. Thanks for your help ! I didn't know you just keep kicking till the needle stops... My neighbor ended up coming over and helped me since he knows more about bikes and the compression was up around 110psi. So I think I'm gonna take it out and braaaap tomorrow then recheck. If its all good I'll just leave it alone for now.
  8. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    110 psi is real low..
  9. Dan Zankowitz Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx250f
    Man this is not good. I just bought a 2015 ktm 200 xcw and have not taken the poor husky it out for its first ride since the new piston install. If the cylinder is messed up I just may have to get one of those 165 kits if they're still available !