New KTM 2T fuel injection

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Bigbill, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    duggoey and Big Timmy like this.
  2. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    Sounds cool if its proper 2T high pressure direct cylinder injection. Theres been story's in the media for years about it so could be good.
    Hopefully they aren't expensive and doesn't compromise overall reliability.
  3. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
  4. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I think the fuel injection and if they go to a throttle cable metered flow(lever at the oil pump) oil injection that's the hot ticket. Electric start bigger bore 2T here we go. They could get a tad more radical with the port timing but would need a larger radiator because of the higher heat. There already using electric temperature controlled fans.

The beta X trainer didn't set the bar that high.
  5. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    The KTM article says no pre mix? That's oil injection. I want to buy a new bike but I'll wait for a 400 or 500 2T. It's another dirtbike evolution where's the new Husqvarna milk trucks? Lol

Why did this technology take so long to catch up with 2T dirtbikes. Honda did patten something about fuel injection dirtbikes. To be number 1 you need to be on the leading edge of technology. You can't sit back fat dumb and happy. It's a challenge for perfection in performance.
  6. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Don't hold your breath, You'll be waiting a while if you want it to be a husky. 500s are a thing of the past. On the same note the 2t performance levels without injection have continued to improve massively. From some who rides the swedes, an Italian 360 for a while, and now the 15 300 (over 50hp, well beyond anything of old in similar cc) as well as many non husky bikes, I can tell you the 300 is way fast. With the same technology in a modern 500 the place to use that type of power is limited to the desert and very few would be able to actually use it to its potential. Plus there also needs to be a market for it as well as all the regulations. I'll only own 2t bikes and would also love to see a new 500 king of the desert bike but I would say it's not very likely. Then who would ride 4strokes? They'll never do it
    bigjon likes this.
  7. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    its not technology, its "how to continue building 2t bikes in the emissions era"..this is only done to for ktm to meet stricter emissions.
  8. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

More like what can they do to get the price of a 2T over $12,000.00. And make you feel like you need it.
    Later George
    454x likes this.
  9. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I heard the new husky 2t 300 doesn't have the power the Italian 360 does? Maybe a 400cc 2t would be ok. The older husky 390/400/420 did run great. That's why I'm back again to the left kickers. I'm gathering parts for the 500 ac cr, the 500 ac XC. I also will be restoring the 250cr, 430wr, 430cr, 390 or, 390 cr, 420, but I would like a newer 500cc bike too. I been thinking about a Yamaha 500 wr. For my museum