1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC new Husky Te250 question

Discussion in '2st' started by ks9mm, Aug 14, 2017.

1. ks9mm Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Beta 300RR
    Hi All, just picked up my new 2017 TE250! looking towards maiden ride!

few questions so far..

are there Taller footpegs available for this bike? I am rather short and taller footpegs would help.

are there lighter clutch springs available? clutch feels rather stiff (maybe it needs break in)

thanks!

Attached Files:

gots_a_sol likes this.
  2. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm not sure on the clutch...clutch pull on these new husky is typically really light....i would ask the dealer or pull the clutch lever on another te and see ..
  3. hakkalugi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17' TE150
    I sometimes only use 1 finger on my clutch, even from new it was buttery smooth (but it does drag while in gear...) not sure on the pegs but nice bike!
  4. ks9mm Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Beta 300RR
    put few hours on the bike and clutch feels better. perhaps it just needed bit of break in. Bike is tall!! so yeah.. I could use taller pegs. Comparing to Beta, bike is soo easy to turn and it feels lighter. Need to clean up bottom end, as it's bit rich but love how smooth the motor is. First impression of forks is also very positive!
  5. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

How is it going with this bike? If you think the bike is tall husky sells a 1/2 inch lower seat. I have this seat as I'm only around 5'7" and it helps for sure.
    ripnriding likes this.
  6. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
  7. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm trying to figure out why.anyone would need a lighter pull? And if you do any mods will it change anything in a negative way if you do a mod....
  8. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    It's kind of like asking "why would anyone run anything but the red spring in the power valve?"

It's a non-invasive mod, in that you can put it back to the factory setting, since it uses one of the three factory preload adjustment holes in the pressure plate. I found the clutch pull to be pretty stiff on the TX300, at least it is for the type of technical woods riding I do where I'm working the clutch more often then not. If I were in more open terrain, I'd have been inclined to keep it stock.
  9. Canadaeastktm Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 Husqvarna TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 250XCF, Beta 250RR, KTM 350SXF
    Surprised, maybe different units (of bike) have different clutch feel.
    I have a bad left hand (had a serious injury with some nerve loss/partial paralysis) and find my TE250 clutch to be super light compared to my KTM (17 250XCF). I'm actually really loving the magura clutch so far. usually I struggle with the clutch tiring out my hand on other bikes but so far so good on my 17 TE250.
    NCSteve likes this.