new husky rider

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by huskyguns, Nov 28, 2013.

1. huskyguns Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 smr
    hey everyone new to the forum my name is Ciaran originally from Ireland but working in Australia Perth to be exact
    could not see a intro page so will do it here!!
    just got myself a fuel injected 2008 450 smr and loving it
    pretty standard bike bar one or two things
    have a few questions about the bike
    are they restricted and how easy to remove?
    have heard of this Ibeat software is it a matter of changing a setting to give full power or adjusting fuel ect? not that its slow
    also any must do mods?
    great site
    cheers
    GusG likes this.
  2. Super5onic88 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    RGV 250
    I don't know anything about your model Ciaran but you should get on to the Supermoto WA facebook group, meet some of the local Sumo guys and get your bike on the track :)
    huskyguns likes this.
  3. huskyguns Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 smr
    yeah would be good to meet some fellow sumo riders
    will be just getting used to the bike until January then plan on getting some oggy crash nobs barkbusters ect and envest in a set of leathers just have street gear at the minute
    they are a difficult bike to drive sensible on the road would love to get some track time in the new year and let her out fully
    will keep an eye out on the Facebook page for events
    pic of the tard
    http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p139/ek4a/IMG_0710.jpg
  4. STANIMAL Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS630
    Other Motorcycles:
    WXE260
    Open up the airbox , open up the muffler , get a power up kit and a JDtuner . These things should put you in the right .
    huskyguns likes this.
  5. MorrisBetter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1200GS
    "...they are a difficult bike to drive sensible on the road.."

That is a fact. I have an 08 Te and a set of sumo wheels for road work. Trying to keep the front wheel on the ground is a constant battle for me. I live on a canyon road, and I know every corner. Killing a 1000cc sport bike on my way home is a mountain of fun for me. This bike is more fun than any bike I've ever owned.

Do what STANIMAL recommended. Add a set of Pivot Pegs and you'll be good to go. The JDTuner was a HUGE improvement for my 510.
    huskyguns likes this.
  6. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    The 450 and 510 SMRs are the craic! I had an 07 510 with a carb, not fuel injected. Id do the JD tuner for an FI model. Mods on mine were a Wiseco High compr. piston, Surflex slipper clutch, and a 2 stage ignition module from Fast By Ferracci. Also had a set of billet triple clamps from Ferracci and a Scotts damper. Keep good, fresh oil in the motor. Its a proper ripper.
    Dont know how shipping would be to Australia but Id call or email Fast By Ferracci. They may still have some nice accys for your bike. They are located in Willow Grove, PA (near Philadelphia).
    huskyguns likes this.