1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc New Husky in Mass owner looking for parts and info.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by maxim_X, Apr 29, 2012.

1. maxim_X Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 WR360
    I hope this is in the right section. Please excuse me if it's not. I recently picked up a 2001 wr360 woods bike. It runs well from what I can tell but it's my first two stroke dirtbike. Anyway I managed to break the kickstart lever yesterday on the first kick of the day. It takes a hell of a kick to get this thing started, as you guys must know. I live in south east Massachusetts and there are some dealers around but I work a lot and I'd like to order the part online. I can't find any good parts sights after a lot of searching. Even ebay has let me down.

Once I get that sorted I need to work on the jetting. I haven't opened the carb up, nor do I plan to. I don't know a thing about 2 stroke carbs. A friend who rode the bike told me the hesitation up top is an indicator that it's running lean. I personally don't notice the hesitation but it does seem to lack some bite up top. I would like to bring it to a shop to have it sorted out. But, I don't know any shop that really knows huskies. The suspension also isn't right for me. It's set up for a much lighter rider and it has an aftermarket ohlins shock. I'd was wondering where I can get it resprung and valved that may also take care of the carb work for me.

Thank you
  2. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

WER knows Huskys and they also know what works great in New England. They do mine for years and works great at NETRA events. call Drew.
  3. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Bottones Jo Bet cycles does daily parts and has been a Husky dealer for years. The shops in NE are real new and no knowledge or parts base for older stuff. Call Fran
  4. DaveG321 Husqvarna
    A Class

Don.t use Armands,you will have to remorgage the house.
  5. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I may have an extra lever.
    Let me check.
    Are the 250 and 360 kickers the same?
  6. maxim_X Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 WR360
    WER and Jo bet cycles are the places to go? I'll have to check them out. I've heard of Armand's ill stay away thanks or the tip.

I'm unsure if the starter is the same. I know the 360 one is very small.
  7. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Just saw a good one on ebay the other day.
  8. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01 WR360_02 WR250_12 WB165_17 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    I have a couple of sets of rings for a 360, other misc parts that would fit. I'll check the closet... I have a complete set of the DKNY graphics for that year 2 stroke, too. PM if you're interested.
  9. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    you can get a auto decomp head that makes the kicking a breeze, engine is more of a torque engine than screamer and you can pull tall gearing easy.things to check would be jetting and power valve operation.
  10. Pvitor Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr360 2000
    Other Motorcycles:
    polaris 400
    any aftermarket part for the kickstart or someone that has one sitting around ?
  11. 90kacoupe Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    A bunch!
    I second WER for your suspension. He worked miracles on my 2008 WR250. I have rode all of my buddies 2019 and new Beta, Sherco, KTM, and what ever else but I have yet to find a bike that works as well for me as my WR250 with WER suspension. It wasn't cheap but it was well worth it !
    flyingbob likes this.