New Here, Introduction And Some Questions And Conserns

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by smr510noob, Nov 14, 2022.

1. smr510noob Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    smr 510 2007
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Hello there,

I am new here, my name is Jeroen and I live in Holland.
    Hope to learn a lot here in the future!

So is just bought myself a 2007 smr 510 saturday. Untill 2017/5500km it had one owner, i have the full maintenance history from that time. After that 2 other owners with no history. They claim to changed the oil but I am not sure.

i am pretty happy with it so far but I have Some conserns.

1. The clock says it had 6800km but when I look at the Hours it says 1421. I was a bit shocked by that, didnt see that when buying the bike. Then I looked in the manual and it says “data are saved in permanent memory every 10 minutes”

Doe it mean it has 1400/6= 233 hours?

2. When I am in high gear and I turn the throttle wide open before its power range, it feels like the rpm is going up way faster then I am accelerating when it gets it power. Like the clutch is slipping. In 1 and 2 I dont have this problem.

I straight changed the oil for motul 10w50 (no filter). after that I drove 50km. I Will change the oil and filter aigain this week. First one with the intention to flush it a bit. I got putoline 10w60 and filters ordered now. There was a significant amount of metal dust on the magnet the first change.

3. My rear disk is basically loose on top op those Round grooved bushings. Is it supposed to be like that?

I hope to Hear from you guys, thanks already!

Kind regards,

Jeroen

Sorry for my bad english

F1A1E765-2BAE-4ABC-9DED-767DA76141E2.jpeg F1A1E765-2BAE-4ABC-9DED-767DA76141E2.jpeg

Attached Files:

Sjiefke likes this.
  2. Mik-3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husvarna SM510R 2010
    Hello and welcome this forum

2. sound like that, if getting worse and then need to change, that´s why i would not do that, when save that clutch
    3. yes that is floating brake disc, it need to do that, but if that gets gets worse and worse, you need to change it, some say you can change those rivets, but newer seen that