1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

New akrapovic exhaust on te310

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by siens, Jul 1, 2014.

1. siens Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te310r
    I recently got my hands on a tc250 akrapovic exhaust and installed it on my 2014 te310r..The fit is near perfect. I took it for a 70 + mile ride this past weekend and noticed significant difference in throttle response and pep in all ranges, even though I haven't had it re mapped by dealer yet. My issue is noticeable popping (cracking) on deceleration without the clutch in..will re mapping take care of this issue in whole ? Or do I need to look into something else ? The popping was there with the stock exhaust, but not nearly as much as with the akrapovic. . Any advice is appreciated. Thanks
  2. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Make it richer
  3. w2ge Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2010 BMW R1200RT
    If there is any "leak" in the exhaust you will get significant popping.... Make sure it is sealed correctly at the cylinder head, etc...
  4. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Remap to "open pipe" aka "Leo Vince" aka "akrapovic" map. This map will lessen the crackling/decel pop. Bit more aggressive power delivery too.

Need to visit a dealer for this.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    yep, richer. Just dealt with this same scenario.
  6. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head

Wouldn’t it be great if he could just change a jet to richen her up…

:p
  7. siens Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te310r
    I guess that's the pros and cons of fuel injection.. thanks for the posts.. i will have it re mapped... for the 310s, will a piggyback tuner benefit me too ? Do any sponsors on this site sell them ?
  8. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    I don't know for sure if a piggyback tuner would be worth it. I've never read posts here of anyone with a piggyback for the 2013/14 bikes with Keihin EFI.
    Dynojet haven't even released a specific Power Commander for our bikes...
    3 maps are available standard: 1. EPA (corked/useless), 2. Full power - uncorked and good, 3. Open pipe - best for... an open pipe.

Get her remapped and I'm sure you'll be happy.

By the way, a quick trip to the dealer for a predetermined map upload is in my opinion better and easier than rejetting a carb... :thumbsup:
  9. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Except the trip to a dealer part...
    Boogie likes this.
  10. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    True, thats one big variable. 30mins or 30 hours drive.

I was so jealous when my friends bought 2013 WR450F Yammy's here with free handheld EFI tuners included.
  11. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    He Husqvarna...how about an iPhone tuning app and a Bluetooth ECU?
    Boogie likes this.
  12. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    Thats way too 2019 Mike.
  13. siens Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te310r
    I think there's a bazzas tuner out there for 13/14...but my dealers only 1/2 hour away and re maps are free! Bluetooth ecu would be awesome with compatible apps to see what's going on, then I wouldn't have to go to the dealer and drop another $500 on goodies that I don't really need...
  14. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    I saw the bazzas on ebay the other night.. I just wasn't sure if they're actually tuned for the 310r.
    Yeah, go remap. You'll be all good.
  15. LAHuskyrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    1983 Maico 490, 2013 KTM 300 XC-W
    You definitely need it remapped to map 3. With the stock map, my 310R was popping and flaming out constantly. It was unridable and had the power of an XR80. Wouldn't even lift the front wheel in any gear! I am currently running map 2 as I didn't know there was an open pipe map available. Nearest dealer is 5 hours so its a PITA to get it changed to map 3. I did put a JD tuner on it b/c no PCV option available. I haven't even had to adjust the tuner as the stock setup JD had in it was spot on with an FMF Powercore4 slip on. I have no flameouts, runs strong, and no popping on decel. I'm probably jinxing myself but I have had zero issues with my 310R once I got it properly powered up. It has run perfect from sea level to over 10,000 ft in Colorado last year.
  16. siens Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te310r
    Perfect, thanks for the info. .I will post the results once it's remapped ! Funny how everyone has the same issues...I was installing the exhaust, and guess where I saw a slight oil leak ? Good thing I have the silicone on hand.
  17. Paul James Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda TRX 250EX
  18. Paul James Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda TRX 250EX
    I just saw this post from last year. I just bought a used 2013 310R and cannot find a new Akrapovic for the 2013 Redheads. I did find a used 2013 TC 250 Akrapovic and wanted to know your final outcome as far as fit at head(leaks) and performance. Zip-Ty's PCV piggyback unit is supposed to be the perfect combo with factory dealer Map #3. Call Zip-Ty to discuss with Michael.