1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC New 2021 TE250i

Discussion in '2st' started by Motosportz, Sep 2, 2020.

1. ggg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 14
    Other Motorcycles:
    NONE
    how have you found the forks? most xplor's are very plush but become a little harsh as speeds increase with some harder square edge hits
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I dont mind them at all and I'm picky. Time will tell but I might not redo these. I ride primarily slower technical single track gnar. Needs to work in roots and rocks but high speed whoops and such are not a lot of what I ride. Overall I find the suspension balanced and forging with no real mid stroke harshness I have felt in these forks on older models.
    robertaccio likes this.
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I don't know about the newer ones, but the ones on my 2018 FE model didn't work well in slower technical terrain or in tight corners, because the rebound was very weak. The forks seemed to bounce back very quickly. Higher speed stuff made the bike stay in the mid stroke more often and problems weren't as noticeable. I had the valving changed around by Precision Concepts. Now all the rebound adjustments are on top of the forks and all the compression adjustments are on the bottom. The dampening is much more adjustable now, and the bike will pick it's way through rocks, and will corner nice and sharp in the tight stuff.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    So last weekend I took a two day class from some top riders at https://cispuscycles.com/ and thought it was good, lots of info about balance, traction and fundamentals. Kind of thought it was a little beneath me after 40 years of riding. Then went riding this weekend and applied the simple but important riding skills and focused on what my issues were regarding that. After 5 miles I was like WTF? I was for sure seeing issues with my balance and controls given these new things to focus on. Then a few more miles and I'm like... hummm.... I'm using WAY less energy, I'm going good bit faster (even though I was not trying) and in way better control overall making it way safer. I was riding with two guys that are basically the same speed as me, one guy usually can stay right with me. I was gapping him and drastically gapping the other guy when I seriously was not trying to go fast, just focus on my fundamentals as taught in the class. In 44 miles I completely transformed my riding, EVERYTHING was better and easier. Hill climbs which I always prided my self in being very good at got better, I gained noticeable speed down hills and everything else fell into place. I'm actually kind of stunned at this revelation.

I freaking LOVE this new bike / platform and that along with my new balance skills I feel I did some of my best riding yesterday, was "in the zone" all day and felt invincible.

[IMG]
  5. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    I myself plan on checking out some classes to improve my ability on the bike. It’s more capable than I’ll ever be. Between the new bike and me putting in the exercise and staying way more hydrated I’ve noticed a huge difference but I really would like to take some courses when they make it into my area or close. Having a bike that suites you is a factor as well. I have built so much confidence on my tx that I didn’t have before on my other bikes. A big part of it is the stability of this chassis. It’s so much less twitchy. Glad the new machine is living up.
    gaz likes this.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    This class is a spin off of Jimmy Lewis' class. He is down by you. I highly recommend you go take Jimmys class.
    robertaccio and 87husky500xc like this.
  7. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    Thank you for the info! I just looked his classes up. Pahrump is about 6 hr drive plus the class fee is not that bad at all. I’m going to try to get into one after the first of the year. Gotta see how things unfold with the rest of this one first haha. Plus I have about 4 more races between now and Mid-November in our local series up here.
    robertaccio and Motosportz like this.
  8. gaz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Any free tips? I reckon the weight centralisation and cylinder angle lowering on these new gen bikes force a rethink on how to ride them fast, and what the new limits are. They are so flickable. Still getting used to the ground clearance though. Thanks for your comments and photo’s.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    While that might be true this instruction I received covers any bike. The guy teaching is a ISDE Gold medalist and also a VERY good ADV bike rider. HE does things on a ADV bike (990 KTM) most cant do and a real dirt bike.

Free tips would not help, you need to see and hear exactly what they are talking about and put it all together. It was a two day class.
    robertaccio likes this.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    This 2021 is freaking amazing. I flat love this bike. It's as if it was designed for me. I took that class and put some new tires on a feel like I can do no wrong on this machine.

BTW, I was not a lover of the Shinko brand, never liked their tires. Been testing a lot of tires on a lot of different bikes and have to say Shinko has some real winners in their line up now.

Shinko 216mx fatty - LOVE it. works great on all surfaces. Way less chance of pinch flats.

Shinko 520DC - Just tried this tire for my first time last night. It is amazing. It is a "Cheater" (gummy) and hooks up like freaking crazy on the PNW gnar. Also tried the 525 cheater (great tire for gnar) and have the 505 Cheater here to try as well but no time on those yet.

Running the 804/805's on the 790R and Love those. Great on and off road. 2000 miles and still looking good and I'm not nice at all to them.

[IMG]
    87husky500xc and Dirtdame like this.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    More bike upgrades...

• FW EXT pegs (love them)
    • TM design skid plate, the best. Rotor guard and chain blocks to be installed
    • New graphics
    Up next:
    • Fastway hand guards
    • Fastway Steering damper (does not NEED it but hey)
    [IMG]

Did I tell you I love this bike?
  12. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc

View: https://youtu.be/wRg4TJyYihw

That does sound like a pretty good tire.
  13. ggg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 14
    Other Motorcycles:
    NONE
    you replaced your silencer why? mr trail tech
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Needed a spark arrested muffler to ride legally in the woods here.
    robertaccio likes this.
  15. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    add Coober ECU, EFI will be optimized for both fueling and longevity, Coober is an Austrian company directly in link with KTM/Husky/GasGas R&D, simple plug and play. If you want to play or want the ability to tune it yourself add the Athena GET ECU.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Runs perfect, I'm not touching it.
    robertaccio likes this.
  17. Russ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250i & 701 Enduro, 501 & 630 sold
    I collected my new 2021 model yesterday and took it straight from the dealer to our usual riding spot to run it in.

Where we ride is rocky, sandy & hilly, usually 1st-3rd gear stuff.

Initial impressions are wow, what a bike! Coming off my 2016 501 the 250 feels so small, nimble & light and the suspension soaks up the smaller/sharper hits better.

Power wise I didn’t know what to expect, as I’ve never owned a 2 stroke, and I was also coming off a well set up 501, which is a monster. I’m very pleasantly surprised, as it has plenty of low end torque to trundle around but also has a nice hit as the revs build.

I was very much considering the 300, as that seems to be what most riders buy, but my dealer’s preference is the 250 as it’s more forgiving in the tight stuff and still has ample go. I’m so glad I listened as it’s a beautifully balanced machine.

I’ve taken it on the tar too, just to see what it’s like as ideally I’d prefer to ride it the 30 minutes to my riding spot than have to load it on my hitch carrier. With the front 14 tooth sprocket it came with it actually is quite doable. It was cruising at 80kmh & at 100kmh was still not too bad. It came with a spare 13 tooth counter shaft sprocket, which the dealer said most tend to fit, so I’ll probably do that. The 14 is fitted to help pass the ADR (registration) requirements.

Swapping between the 250 & 501 was interesting, as up till then I thought the 501 was terrific off road, which it is in comparison to my third bike, a 701. But the 250 makes the 501 feel like a truck, and a generation old, to the point I’ll probably sell it now as I have the 250 for off-road work and the 701 for easier days.

Aftermarket items fitted are:
    Barkbusters (Ego)
    Bar risers
    Bash plate with linkage protection (Enduro Engineering)
    Radiator guards (Barrett)
    Pipe guard (ELine)
    Rear disc guard (Force)
    FMF titanium pipe (to be fitted next week, did not arrive in time)
    Fan
    Larger brake tip
    Heavy duty tubes
    Mini LED blinkers

Overall, very happy & impressed & believe this will be a keeper that will serve me well.

D3EE626C-48D7-4690-B0E2-51939F91C0C2.jpeg
    Motosportz and gaz like this.
  18. Russ Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250i & 701 Enduro, 501 & 630 sold
    Both beasts:
    90D1FB28-990B-441C-8EAF-B724FBEC172F.jpeg
    gaz and 87husky500xc like this.
  19. ggg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 14
    Other Motorcycles:
    NONE
    nice one, yep the 250 would blow the 500 in the handling stakes, your gonna miss the SC seat tho, i would have thought the 250 would be smoother than the 500 at 100kph with the counter balancer

TSP do a good mod for these bike they are in warragul, in AUD, also a gnarly pipe will move the power lower down for increased torque that if you feel you need it
    Russ likes this.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Flat LOVE this bike. It's darn near perfect for me. Some suspension mods coming even though the stock stuff is pretty good. The stock seat is surprisingly good. The Seat Concepts is better. Fastway EXT footpegs are amazing, worth the coin. The Shinko 520DC rear and 216 fatty front are killing it for me inthe PNW slop and slick roots / rocks. So in the zone right now.