1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

New 2012 TE310 owner questions

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by AdamS, Jul 25, 2014.

1. AdamS Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 WR250R
    Hello all, I am new to this site (so if I posted in the wrong area or wrong way I am sorry), new to Husky and new to being back on a bike after a pretty long time and I have a few questions and would like some opinions about this new bike I bought a few weeks ago.
    A little about me: I am 33yo 6' 190 pounds and haven't really ridden hard since I was in my early twenties. I have a wrr also but mostly use it for street and some small open trails.
    My TE is powered up and has a JD tuner, I am the third owner so I am not sure if the TPS or CO settings have been messed with.

Here are the issues/dilemmas I am facing:
    The bike has no bottom end, no matter what I do with the JD tuner it either bogs or is just really weak until it hits around 4k rpm, then it's great. I called the closest dealer to me (around an hour away) and they want me to remove the JD tuner and bring it so they can tune it and check it out without it on there.. the guy basically told me my expectations are too high for the bottom end and throttle response of the bike. So I guess what I want to ask any 310 owners is what should I expect? Should I be able to crack the throttle in first gear and raise the front enough to clear small obstacles without using the clutch? The dealer said I should not expect that and even with the 12 port injector and race ECU that it would not do that.. So please let me know your experiences.
    The dilemma I am facing is should I buy the race kit and put the injector and ecu on or should I just accept the fact that it doesn't run to my "expectations" and work and invest money on another issue I have which is the e-start not working.. the dealer said it was likely the gears and possibly the starter motor. Let me know your opinions, please and thank you.

I am going camping in Colorado in a couple weeks and I am taking one of my bikes so it, unfortunately, may end up having to be the wrr..

I appreciate any feedback,
    Adam
  2. nmtrialsguy Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wife got TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 500EXC, Beta 250Evo, Ural GearUp
    I would think that you should be able to get some lightness in front end from blipping and using proper body technique. Wish someone with more experience on your bike would respond! Good luck! I know a Rekluse would help (a lot) but it is expensive. ;)
  3. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    The TXC and Injector make a drastic difference on those bikes. As mentioned a rekluse really helps you cheat but with proper gearing the bike should feel good. Id fix the starter though first just because it's something not working.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    First thing I dont know your skill level but this is an oversquare high revving race motor......spec wise its built to rev.
    Now that said,,, go with the factory race spec 13/50 or even lower 13/52 final drive.
    AND go with the TXC ECU Correct me if Im wrong the 2012 TXC and TE both have the updated 12 port injector from the factory (My 2011 had the old 6 port injector and my race kit came with the 2012 spec TXC ECU and 12 port injector.)
    Also all this is subject to your bike being in top level of tune ie: injector is not clogged, valves adjusted properly,good fresh fuel, clean air filter etc.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  5. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    2012's didn't come with the txc injector/ECU. You can easily tell though. The old injector is yellow and the txc one is green. You can see the colored plastic part, it's where the intake and motor meet
    R_Little likes this.
  6. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The TE and TXC are very different due to the 12pt injector and ECU. The TE does NOT have it.

With the TXC stuff it will leap off idle.

In fact I prefer the delivery of my TE with a 4 pt injector in the woods but that is just me.

BTW, I have a 2012 TXC 310 ECU I'd sell if you want it.

the Injector is about $80