1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

New 2004 TE 250 Owner

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by mikidymac, Sep 21, 2015.

1. mikidymac Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    As the title says I am a new 2004 TE 250 owner. New in the sense that I have never owned a Husky and in the fact that the bike has less than 10 hours on it.
    20150919_131637.jpg

My friend bough it brand new and only rode it a couple times. He offered it to me as he knew I always liked it and had recently sold my 2004 KTM 450 EXC and was without a bike. It is all original and I have a complete spare set of plastics and graphics.

I stopped by Uptite on Saturday and George was nice enough to stay open late for me. He was great and full of valuable information. He told me to not ride it and store it because it was so clean it would be valuable some day. I don't think I can though because I am so excited to ride it. I plan on being easy on her and as careful as I can to preserve the condition but still have fun with it.

Just wanted to share and say hi. It will be getting a full tear down prior to riding to lube and loctite everything. I will probably pull the tires and install some newer rubber and keep these as "originals".
  2. supervision Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 te250
    Other Motorcycles:
    ossa,honda,yamha
    Nice bike!! I have one, it missing the 100 year decal, as well as the te250 on the arm. I bought mine a few years ago, very low miles, I did the swing arm bolt steering grease, as well as a new side stand bracket and bolts, loctite.
  3. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

George is a great dude, but I'm really doubting they bounce up in resale. They seem to lose value faster than a Chinese pit bike from an auto parts store. Even when they were current.
  4. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
    There's a dealer near me with one of those still on his floor brand new.
  5. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Gaaaaaaaa! Don't tell me that! I "rescued" the 06 TC450 I have for sale and zero interest at a great price. I used to feel sorry for the new 2004 ones at my dealership in 2008 too, but geez. Yeah, no shortage despite being rare. I had a near new 1999 WR125 in 2013 and this 4 hours never ridden TC this year. I'm sure too many are still sitting around under a blanket in sheds and garages near brand new all across the USA.

Just ride the snot outta it.
  6. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
  7. supervision Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 te250
    Other Motorcycles:
    ossa,honda,yamha
    The only money I have spent to improve this bike are tires, gold valving the forks, and a G2 throttle 400 cam. Everything else has ben a labor of love, I lowered the foot pegs, and cut some steering stop away on the bottom triple clamp. The thing would run better if a leaner needle for the carb was available. It would also hook up better with a flywheel weight. The trans mission is a total joke, 6 gears so close, I learned to downshift two times, in stead of one.
  8. supervision Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 te250
    Other Motorcycles:
    ossa,honda,yamha
    I just spent 35bucks On the TMR36 Mikuni, I ordered a stock 22.5 small jet, a# 53 needle, and new bowl gasket, flat slide top gasket.